gutted...

missclare85

Silver Member
After looking through the site i decided to make slimming world tomatoe soup tonight using tomatoes, carrots, beans, tea spoon bovril , half pint of water and a pickle.....

It was horrible :(

I was fooling myself thinking it would taste like heniz tomatoe soup....instead it just taste of toms and i dont actually like them.

O well nevermind atleast i give it a go :)

it actually wasnt really watery at all.......it was just the taste! id love to be able to like tomatoes but i just dont :(*

If u add yoghurt it gives it that creamy taste tomato soup has but yeah it doesn't taste like Heinz :-( luckily I do like tomatoes but only cooked in a tin. Weird lol

You won't mimic something like heinz tomato soup - as I imagine not a lot of tomato's go into it!!

The sw spicy butternut squash soup is beautiful xx

You won't mimic something like heinz tomato soup - as I imagine not a lot of tomato's go into it!!

The sw spicy butternut squash soup is beautiful xx

U have a point and probably alot of sugar or something -shrugs-
Yea ive had the butternut squash soup its lovelyyyy!!!

Try a good amount of balsamic vinegar and half a oxo cube. I don't like tomatoes either, the vinegar takes away the bitter taste and sweetens it slightly and the oxo cube changes the flavour. I have to do this with all tomato base things!

shellywelly1983 said:
Try a good amount of balsamic vinegar and half a oxo cube. I don't like tomatoes either, the vinegar takes away the bitter taste and sweetens it slightly and the oxo cube changes the flavour. I have to do this with all tomato base things!

Oooooh fab i will deffo give that a go then . Thanks :)

Back