Gym Assessment Tomorrow

lunar jim

Gold Member
09:30! The full works, demo on the machines and weights plus the development of my training plan. Nicely customised so as to avoid the stomach area.

I'm looking forward to it, apart from the cross trainer. Feckin killed me last time, though I suspect it might have been due to the gap between using it and my last meal. So I'll save my brekkie mousse until just before I drop the kids off at school (off work tomorrow too, yay! don't go back till Tuesday...) so I should have plenty of energy this time...

Have fun LJ.... you're doing great! How often are you planning on using the gym?

you are doing so well i hated the cross trainer but my old PT said thats because its working. I have just started going to body balance classes its a bit like yoga and its fab but thats as much as i can do on SS.

I love reading your post as they are so positive and keep me going I will also be off to buy some firming body cream tomorrow xx

If you can get 'into' (or at least tolerant of!) the cross trainer it's one of the best types of exercise to get all over results and tone, and quite quickly. If I could fit one in my house, I'd get one tomorrow!

Have fun LJ.... you're doing great! How often are you planning on using the gym?

Possibly four times a week, if I'm not in the office. With me working mostly from home I can pop in there in my lunch break. I'll just take a slightly longer lunch than the regulation 1 hour, I work long enough hours to compensate anyway...

you are doing so well i hated the cross trainer but my old PT said thats because its working. I have just started going to body balance classes its a bit like yoga and its fab but thats as much as i can do on SS.

I love reading your post as they are so positive and keep me going I will also be off to buy some firming body cream tomorrow xx

Ah thanks KB! I'm glad someone other than me is getting something out of me wittering on here :D I do find posting a lot helps me stay positive, but didn't fancy doing a blog.

If you can get 'into' (or at least tolerant of!) the cross trainer it's one of the best types of exercise to get all over results and tone, and quite quickly. If I could fit one in my house, I'd get one tomorrow!

Probably why I felt so shagged out after only five minutes then lol! Yeah, I'd like to give it a proper go, I just felt sick and dizzy after it last time...

your doing great and its also helpful to know the guys point of view on weight loss

Sounds great.... Don't forget to do resistance ... help tone up that saggy skin! I hate the xtrainer too, my fav is the stepper although the treadmill is joining it!

Goo luck on your assessment tomorrow Jim.

I starting SS on tuesday, but i joined the gym at end of july, and do about an hour session 3 times aweek. because of my arthritis, my PT started me on the bike , treadmill and then cool down opn bike again, with a few restitance machines too, but last week i decided to do a bit on X trainer, i only managed 3 minutes after all the other equipment and i felt dead from it, i gonna try and build it up abit as i did feel it did me better than just the bike at end, but i have 6 week assessment this week and i know i already lost 6 inches from attending gym, so i well chuffed. I worried about saggy skin so i thought this may help.

I survived! I now know what I'm doing lol and I've got some weight sets worked out which won't touch my stomach but will work the other bits I want sorting out.

Had a really good session, looking forward to tomorrow now. And I got talking to a couple of girls in there who were just getting back to WW after their hols so could have a gossip too :D I think I might have a CD convert too, after shocking everyone with my CD record lol

I feel really buzzed now, I'm off to do a bit of shopping for some new jeans; all mine are falling off completely...

Glad you are feeling good.... its all those happy hormones that exercise releases lol!

ah rite ok, thanks for the clear up! I plan to start the gym for light session when I am on 810. Will probably start with a gentle 10 mins walk, 10 mins bike and 10 mins cross trainer a couple of nights a week and build up from there gradully.

Should be starting next week now, cant wait! :)

your doing great and its also helpful to know the guys point of view on weight loss

Hah, I'd heard about them but never believed they existed :D

I only went to Tesco for some clobber, I don't see the sense in spending megabucks on clothes until I'm at goal... But I came back with two pairs of jeans and four tops. One is an XL! Just goes to show how the sizes vary, I've still got two XXL T-shirts I can't get into...

Back