Gym - Power plate

Cailin Maith

Morning everyone!

I went to the gym yesterday and again today and did the Power Plate class, I ached last night and this morning was achey too but as I have a 3 day free trial for the gym, I'm getting the most out of it :D

Did another Power Plate class this morning and feel like I've been run over by a bus now. For a 15 minute workout - it's bloody intense..

Anyone else tried it?

Our gym has a couple of these installed, but I've never used them and wouldn't know where to start :eek:

Sounds as if they're very effective, though! :D

Our gym has a couple of these installed, but I've never used them and wouldn't know where to start :eek:

Sounds as if they're very effective, though! :D

Honest to God, give it a try, yesterday was my first time too!

Despite some of the poses on them looking a little "risque" I can feel every muscle in my arms and legs and chest and indeed some muscles I didn't even know were there.

They had a powerplate at the gym I used to go to and it IS effective as in, after 30sec of squats you feel like you've done hours of squats!
I could feel myself wobbling like a jelly (even the bits I didn't think were wobbly!).
However, it is not fat-burning and won't burn many calories, it is just gentle toning so to promote weight loss you have to do a proper cardio-vascular workout as well (as the super-fit gym lady told me ;) )

They had a powerplate at the gym I used to go to and it IS effective as in, after 30sec of squats you feel like you've done hours of squats!
I could feel myself wobbling like a jelly (even the bits I didn't think were wobbly!).
However, it is not fat-burning and won't burn many calories, it is just gentle toning so to promote weight loss you have to do a proper cardio-vascular workout as well (as the super-fit gym lady told me ;) )

Yep, thats what they told me too - I should have done my cardio before it though as 10 mins on the cross trainer after was torture.

"gentle toning" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: there was nothing gentle about the way I was wobbling about this morning :8855:

It gets worse, I've had to negotiate having a wee - I'll have to use the disabled one I think, trying to sit on the loo was excruitiating... getting back up was worse...:eek:

At least in the disabled loo, there is a handle on the wall to help me down and up. Not sure shouting for help from the inside of the ladies will help my career prospects:rolleyes:

correct me if I am wrong but I thought, they only recommend up to 10mins in 30 second bursts 3 times a week on the powerplates because of the inensity of them.

correct me if I am wrong but I thought, they only recommend up to 10mins in 30 second bursts 3 times a week on the powerplates because of the inensity of them.

15 mins classes in the gym where I have been going. I've only got a 3 day trial at this gym so I did it yesterday and today.

They haven't indicated that you can only do 3 times a week, but if I feel this battered after twice, I'd imagine your own bodily defence would kick and after 3 anyway and say "No more".

You should always rest your muscles for at least a day, preferably two, after doing intense work on them x

You should always rest your muscles for at least a day, preferably two, after doing intense work on them x

Yep, I know that.

It is simply because I have the free trial that I was making the most of it :)

I had never heard of it so looked at it on Google.

This is what one looks like if like me you have never seen one.

Powerplate.JPG

Yep, thats it filly :D

Looks easy doesn't it? I thought on Monday morning, 15 minutes pah... whats that going to do for me :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I was sooooo mistaken!!

Back