GYM Routine

Doll2142

Hi I have not been to gym for about three weeks and going to go tomorrow to a Zumba class but I do like just going into the gym and using the different machines, I like using the cross trainer and the treadmill and run for a bit but just wondering what other people do ? Like when you go to gym do you have a set routine of machines that you use and in what order, how long for?

Thanks Claire :)

i usually just use the cross trainer and bike, 15 - 30 mins each? i get bored easily on them though.
i dont like using the gym stuff as much, the times i go at are always the busiest so i cant use what i want to all the time. i can barely get to use the power plate.... last week id only been on it for literally one minute, and a woman comes up to me and asks how long im gonna be on it. she didnt like my answer of 20 minutes, and just sat there waiting for me to finish on it, making me feel really awkward.

Is there an option in your gym to get a routine made up for you by on of the staff. Usually you decide what your goals are ie fat loss, muscle toning or general fitness then one of the staff should go round with you working out a routine using a variety of equipment. I must admit I'm doing more classes nowadays but when I do the gym I usually have a good run first and then cardio machines.

It does make me chuckle the young lads come in to the weights area and all they do is look in the mirrors! That's the last thing I wanna do lol

Should have been doing a half marathon this morning but I get so worked up that I decided against it. I think it takes me back to school days when I wasn't any good whatsoever in any sport. Anyway as I felt guilty decided to do 10k instead on the treadmill. Maybe one day I'll enter agin and actually take part!

Gina_b

You want to make sure next time you get off the power plate that it's on max power and watch the snotty dear sweat! Lol

i rarely get to use it, so was pretty mad that she was trying to rush me to finish on it. theres only one powerplate :(

Ive never been sure how long i should be going on the power plate for :(

Ive never been sure how long i should be going on the power plate for :(

im on it about 15 - 20 mins, 20 if i stretch out afterwards.

Back