Gym

Calkarima

Gonna do it this time
Hi all

I decided yesterday I was going to join the gym to see if I can get my losses moving again. I sts for 3 weeks last month then gained 4 lbs (my own stupid fault) and finally lost 5 lbs this week through being very strict with myself.

What I'm wondering is how often everyone goes to the gym, for how long and what kind of exercises you all do.

I went for my introductory session this afternoon and although thoroughly knackered I quite enjoyed it and am looking forward to going again tomorrow evening. I was hoping to try for 3 - 4 times a week, is that enough?

Thanks everyone.

Mhairi
x

Hiya, I'm doing Cambridge which I guess is kinda the same. I'm going back to the gym tomorrow first time since I hurt my back shovelling snow in January. I definitely had better losses when I exercised!! I usually go 3 times a week. I do 30 mins cardio, usually bike or brisk walking, then I either work my arms or legs on the weight machines. I don't tend to do both in one session or I can't move the next day.

I did notice that on this diet I can't do as much because it takes me longer to recover afterwards, but at the time I'm exercising I don't notice any difference, it's just the day after when I ache more than I do normally.

Good luck xx

i go 5-6 times a week and do between an 1-2 hours, i then do 10mins on the vibroplate thing and that is really weird

i do as many things asi can in the gym, and it kills the next day but u get used to it and kind of miss the gym the days ur not in there

I do 45 mins to an hour, twice a week at the gym, plus at least 30 minutes daily on the Wii Fit. Would do more time/more often if I didn't have the Wii Fit, but that's my preferred method of exercise.

At the gym, I tend to do 10 minutes on the bike to warm up, a few light weights, 10 minutes on the rowing machine, a few other light weights, 10 minutes on the cross trainer (my least favourite, so sometimes it's more like 6 mins), a few more weights, then 5 mins walking on the dreaded treadmill to cool down (dreaded because 3 years ago I fell and broke 2 fingers on one, now I use them with great trepidation!)

(Surfhunny, I'm finding the gym much easier now than I did with CD, then I was exhausted after half an hour, good luck with it, don't know how you manage!)

I do 45 mins to an hour, twice a week at the gym, plus at least 30 minutes daily on the Wii Fit. Would do more time/more often if I didn't have the Wii Fit, but that's my preferred method of exercise.

At the gym, I tend to do 10 minutes on the bike to warm up, a few light weights, 10 minutes on the rowing machine, a few other light weights, 10 minutes on the cross trainer (my least favourite, so sometimes it's more like 6 mins), a few more weights, then 5 mins walking on the dreaded treadmill to cool down (dreaded because 3 years ago I fell and broke 2 fingers on one, now I use them with great trepidation!)

(Surfhunny, I'm finding the gym much easier now than I did with CD, then I was exhausted after half an hour, good luck with it, don't know how you manage!)

Ha ha, I think I manage because I've always been a gym freak. Except this time I haven't been using a good gym session as an excuse to pig out like I used to in the past.

That's what happened to me when I started going to the gym

I told myself I was still burning calories and could therefore scoff and entire bag of lemon bon bons at 9 oclock at night :rolleyes:

Back