Gym?

anna_vixen

Gold Member
Hi guys,

So I have been on plan now 100% for around 4 weeks, and have been losing every week, however, the Thursday just gone - 28th July I maintained - and as I had been on plan 100% I was quite disappointed - and I have never maintained before when I have been on plan - and have never lost less than 2lb.
However on 22nd July I started back at the gym after around 4 weeks off as I had been poorly, tooth problems etc. So the week that I maintained I started back at the gym and went everyday, and then on the Thursday I maintained - my consultant had a go at me and said in front of the whole group saying I shouldnt be disappointed and its ridiculous for me to throw myself back into exercise etc.

anyway - my question is, should I expect a maintain or gain because I have just started back at the gym after a couple of weeks off? and why is this?

Thanks guys x

I think i saw a similar thread somewhere yesterday

I had a bit of water retention when i started gymming- because my body wasnt used to so much water going out it stored all the water it could get- and i drank a lot of water when i was in the gym

it usually goes after 2 days- so the day after the gym session i am heavier because i havent "passed" the excess water...

apparently it does get back to normal after a few weeks :)

as for your consultant- maybe i'm just a very sensitive person- but if my C did that, i would be out the door so fast. i am very easily embarrassed though~ and something like that would set off an anxiety attack :(

Hmmm

In my experience gym instructors and SW consultants are so far apart it is untrue.

I love they way they both think they know each other's field so well. Both have pretty negative views of the other - quite outrageous claims at times too.

However, we all know healthy eating + regular exercise = weightloss.

Hmmm

In my experience gym instructors and SW consultants are so far apart it is untrue.

I love they way they both think they know each other's field so well. Both have pretty negative views of the other - quite outrageous claims at times too.

Maybe i am very lucky- but my C actively encourages exercise, she keeps telling me that the plan is great, but for better results (not just with weight loss but for toning up too) then i must exercise.

If a C thinks that exercise isnt necessary then they shouldn't be a C. and if they insist on embarrassing or humiliating a member then they should be sacked- simple as. That is not what slimming world is about

But some consultants are good- as i said, i must just be lucky to have such a supportive one ;)

little_bubblez said:
I think i saw a similar thread somewhere yesterday

I had a bit of water retention when i started gymming- because my body wasnt used to so much water going out it stored all the water it could get- and i drank a lot of water when i was in the gym

it usually goes after 2 days- so the day after the gym session i am heavier because i havent "passed" the excess water...

apparently it does get back to normal after a few weeks :)

as for your consultant- maybe i'm just a very sensitive person- but if my C did that, i would be out the door so fast. i am very easily embarrassed though~ and something like that would set off an anxiety attack :(

That makes sense definitely, I always exercise the day before weigh in, because I stick to this pattern it should even itself out shouldn't it.

My consultant did really get to me and made me very embarrassed, she was humiliating me and making me feel awful fr exercising :(
I know that exercise will help my weight loss and will help loose skin.
Thanks for your help xx

Maximus said:
Hmmm

However, we all know healthy eating + regular exercise = weightloss.

That is so true! Thankyou very much :)

The week I started going back to the gym I only had a very small loss and was really disheartened as I was putting 100% into it so I understand how you feel, u also have to remember that from using the gym your turning fat into muscle which has been proven to weigh more so although you might have maintained that week your body would have started to become more toned and started to get rid of the fat despite what the scales said! Keep up the good work with the gym ? xx

LuceB84 said:
The week I started going back to the gym I only had a very small loss and was really disheartened as I was putting 100% into it so I understand how you feel, u also have to remember that from using the gym your turning fat into muscle which has been proven to weigh more so although you might have maintained that week your body would have started to become more toned and started to get rid of the fat despite what the scales said! Keep up the good work with the gym ? xx

Sorry that wasn't meant to have a question Mark was meant to b a smiley face....stupid iPhone!!

LuceB84 said:
Sorry that wasn't meant to have a question Mark was meant to b a smiley face....stupid iPhone!!

Thanks lovely :) xx

Back