Gym

SineadUK

Did anyone see a maintain or gain after they started exercise/gym?

I have heard due to the fluid and the fact muscle weighs more then fat that a gain can be seen! Just wondering how long before you see the benefits on the scales!

This was discussed in my group last night. Apparently your muscles hold water when you first exercise and so this could show at your first weigh in after upping your exercise. As the weight is only water, it should be gone by your next weigh in though.

Good good! Put on half a pound this week which I was annoyed with as I know I have been 100%! Hopefully will see it next week

I think noticed a substantial loss a week in arrears! So if I bust a gut this week I wouldn't see a loss til the weigh in the week after next as my weigh in on a Monday x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope I do aswell! So crappy when u up your exercise and continue with SW 100% and don't see a result! Hopefully all will go back to normal in a couple of weeks!

I tend to see results immediately when I exercise. I guess we're all different.

Are you enjoying the gym? I'm thinking of joining my local Fitness First as I can't run at the moment.

:)

Thanks for posting this I will drink plenty next time I exercise as I was one who stayed the same after doing 5 hours of exercise and sticking to plan
Will see what the scales show next week

I work hard at the gym and do dvds at home and walk the dog a lot, i had my first weigh in last week and gained a pound.On the scales im 4lb heavier than in september when i joined the gym, but in the mirror i look better, hopefully ill see a loss on scales next week.

Hey guys,

Glad someone else asked about this, I've been wondering too...

I've been Gymming it regularly (every other day or so) since beginning of Nov last year, managed to shift 7lbs just working out, but then hit a standstill and have been weighing the same, more or less, for about 3 weeks now.

Realised I wasn't gonna reach target with exercise alone, (which is a shame cos I love my food and was kinda hoping that working-out would help combat the chocolate addiction lol) so I joined Slimming World on tues night.

I'm really worried that I'm gonna see a gain and I'll be all disheartened :-( Even a maintain will be awful :-/ it's soooooo frustrating busting my butt and seeing no changes on the scales. (Still at least I can feel things tightening up a bit more now ;-) )

Think I'll go to my first weigh-in naked, that way I'll HAVE to be lighter! Hahaha!

Xx

7lb down 25lb to go!! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I work hard at the gym and do dvds at home and walk the dog a lot, i had my first weigh in last week and gained a pound.On the scales im 4lb heavier than in september when i joined the gym, but in the mirror i look better, hopefully ill see a loss on scales next week.

It is discussed a lot whether we can become too obsessive about scales. If you feel and see a difference then carry on! It has to come off at some point :D

I read somewhere if you drink a lot of water 2 liters a day and before during and after excercise this is the key, and not to drink whilst eating but 10 mins before and after. Ive upped my water intake now and im switching to red days only.

I have only just started the diet last week. Need to get my head around it a bit more and then I want to start with the Gym. Anyone here tried Zumba classes yet?

There are a lot of Zumba fans around here Muis :)

I don't go to a class, too many people for my liking, but I do it on the Wii most nights :)

I had a assessment session with one of the instructors at the gym tonight, she recommended not knowng what I weigh weekly but go more by measurements.

She'll weigh and measure me in 4 weeks to see how I'm going x

It's hard to avoid weigh ins with slimming world but I have invested in a tape measure from eBay tonight! Hopefully this will help encourage if I see inch loss rather then weight for a while

Zumba is fab! It's probably the most enjoyable kind of excerise IMO (well, almost ;-) Haha!)

I've been using a weighing scales and BMI calculating machine-thingy at the gym, which also measures body fat percentage, I felt checking my bf % (which started at arond 35% and is now about 32%) would be more useful in terms of monitoring my progress, buy obv SW only check actual weight.

I'm happy with the changes I can feel from working-out, but I'll be gutted if I can't get the number on the scales down too, if only so I don't have to be named and shamed in group next week :-( lol

Agree though, we are way too obsessive when it comes to numbers with weight-loss (weights, body mass index, dress sizes, inches, fat percentages etc) when really we don't need these numbers to tell us we're becoming healthier, you can just feel it! :)

xx

7lb down 25lb to go!! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

There are a lot of Zumba fans around here Muis :)

I don't go to a class, too many people for my liking, but I do it on the Wii most nights :)
That sounds better. Not sure it is safe for me to attend a class with 2 left feet. :rolleyes:

Back