H e lpppppppppp

steve0

I started atkins two weeks ago yesterday , been very good , no alcohol and pretty much stuck to the diet , maybe the odd bit of cheese. I have also been to the gym every single day and Done at least an hour of cv work.

I started off at 117kilos , now I'm 110 but after the first week in was 109 and I have been stuck at 110 for the second week every day even though I'm totally putting the effort in and it's getting me down.

Shall I start sticking some carbs in to kick start the weight loss , I'm scared as I don't even miss them now but I can't keep it up if I'm not going to get anywhere, someone at the gym suggested I had a blow out and started again to fool my metabolism but if I'm honest I don't really want to do that.

Please help I'm really losing heart here!

It's really demoralising when the 'weight' doesn't appear to come off isn't it? I'm in a similar situation myself - I've been Atkins'ing for 4 weeks and have been giving the workouts some serious effort but I don't appear to be losing 'weight'.

I'm trying to wean myself off the idea that the scales tell the whole picture. If you're working out to any degree you're probably increasing muscle mass. I know I am, and this distorts the traditional weightloss picture. I bet you're losing inches!

The first time I was on Atkins a few years ago I lost a few stones in weight but I didn't exercise at all.

I suppose you have a choice to make - either limit your exercise to something like just 30mins moderate effort each day or just accept like me that there are other ways of measuring success.

Just my two penn'orth - feel free to ignore it! :D

Hi Stevo, a lot of people stall after the first or second week, it would help if you posted your daily eating so we can check it out mate, you lost nearly a stone in the first week and that's a big loss.

Hi Stevo, a lot of people stall after the first or second week, it would help if you posted your daily eating so we can check it out mate, you lost nearly a stone in the first week and that's a big loss.

Thanks Jim , Ill give you an idea of what im eating:-

Friday , Black coffee , lunch chicken salad with parmesan , dinner rib eye steak with asparagus .

Saturday lunch chick salad , dinner steak with green salad

Sunday , bacon and two eggs , black coffee . dinner chicken , tuna mayo salad .

Monday , black coffee and im at gym at 11 , ill maybe have a chciken salad at lunch and a rib eye with asparagus for dinner.

Im drinking loads of carbonated water as well thats it?

It's really demoralising when the 'weight' doesn't appear to come off isn't it? I'm in a similar situation myself - I've been Atkins'ing for 4 weeks and have been giving the workouts some serious effort but I don't appear to be losing 'weight'.

I'm trying to wean myself off the idea that the scales tell the whole picture. If you're working out to any degree you're probably increasing muscle mass. I know I am, and this distorts the traditional weightloss picture. I bet you're losing inches!

The first time I was on Atkins a few years ago I lost a few stones in weight but I didn't exercise at all.

I suppose you have a choice to make - either limit your exercise to something like just 30mins moderate effort each day or just accept like me that there are other ways of measuring success.

Just my two penn'orth - feel free to ignore it! :D

Thanks , i thought about the inch thing as well but my jeans still dont seem to fit me !

what you're eating looks OK, I do notice you're not really eating breakfast. I don't know what you put in your salad either, but overall it looks fine to me. It's probably just a stall.

what you're eating looks OK, I do notice you're not really eating breakfast. I don't know what you put in your salad either, but overall it looks fine to me. It's probably just a stall.

Yes , i dont eat breakfast at all pretty much most days i cant stomach it.

The trainer at the gym reckons i should have a bowl of porridge a couple of times a week to help?

Hmm, well far be it from me to criticise your trainer, but that's not Atkins mate.

Steve, i stalled for 4 weeks and Steve suggested it might be to do with the fact i was running 5 times a week. I didn't want to t hink this but last week i cut down and the weight came off again.

I think i wasn't eating enough to sustain that level of activity. I have a 10 mile race coming up soon so i'm going to try and increase my fat intake to allow me run for 5 days a week. I should be eating prolly 2k kcals to support that level of activity but in reality i was only getting 1.3 -1.8kcals.

It also takes time for your body to efficiently use fat as it primary scource of energy.

Yes , i dont eat breakfast at all pretty much most days i cant stomach it.

The trainer at the gym reckons i should have a bowl of porridge a couple of times a week to help?

Nah, fat is your primary scource of energy now. You may have to get used to eating breakfast; i had to.

Thanks for that , ill leave the porridge alone then , he was rattling on about something called carb cycling . lets just hope it starts to come off again then !

I have never been a brekkie eater but since doing Atkins I am beginning to actually look forward to breakfast, maybe not first thing every morning but within an hour of getting to work I make sure I have something to eat.
Bren xx

Nah, fat is your primary scource of energy now. You may have to get used to eating breakfast; i had to.

LOL that sounded really cutting! "Eat breafast or else"!!!

Sorry i was eating lunch with one hand and typing with another whilst trying to speak on the phone LOL!

it doesnt really sound like your eating enough to keep in line with what your exercising :cool: , no expert but i've heard that undereating is the enemy of this diet , and so is skipping meals .

I've just been reading about carb cycling. Body builders do it. It only works apparently if you eat carbs for 24hrs, once a week & you are lifting mega weights the day you eat carbs. Hope this helps :)

Back