ha har ! I am determined

Magggie

Hello Exante followers
I am on my 3rd meal
Phew, a bit scary
never tried Ketosis before, as I am veggie, and no carbs is so very difficult
No excuse how I got to this weight
I just ate too much(see I'm getting inthe right mindset- ate, not eat)
so far I like both the soups & shakes, am worried about the bars, as I have heard they can take you out of ketosis, so will save them until I am well into ketosis
I have bought my ketostix (tried one-lol- was beiger than a beige thing)
and my mouthwash & breath spray :D
Hope we all get on, I can be a blunt as Yambabe so beware !!! I prefer no-nonsense
In the past I have tried Xenical (rubbish-not enough fat in my diet) reductil, on which I lost 2 & half stone, then piled it back on (shouldn't have stopped running)

The bars should only take you out of ketosis if you have more than one a day Maggie.

Doing the 3-packs-a-day option gives you a daily net carbs of about 50g, not sure what the limit is for ketosis (and it may well vary from person to person) but I know Atkins phase 1 recommends around 50g as well so I wouldn't have thought it would hurt.

If you were to have 2 bars and one soup/shake your net carbs would be 55g which might make a difference but even then you may be OK.

Mind you Exante says you can have 4 packs a day if you want, which even on soups/shakes would give you 60g, so maybe you only can't have 2 bars if you are on 4 packs (cos then you'd have 70g, which sounds Bad).

Wotcha Maggie, it is indeed the same Miss D as on the other place. Am giving a crack too, but would rather not tell the other lot until *I'm* good and ready. However have been lurking here for a a few days gleaning as many hints and tips as possible.

And hello to everyone else - I'm kinda with Maggie and Yambabe. (Together we are known as the 'Silicon Valleys' with Maggie on string bass, Yam on the bongos and I play orchestral kazoo). That last bit was a huge fib, but it's late, I'm awake, and bored... ;)

End of day one, all is well. After a disasterous time on LT over a decade ago, it took quite some soul-searching before I contemplated embarking on anything similar again.

So I have a month's worth - no goals, no expectations, just seeing how it goes for now. :)

Reviews?

Well, it's better than LT used to be, but that's hardly tough going! This morning's vanilla shake was so creamy it's going to take some getting used to! Bleurgh - have used skimmed milk for years and breakfasted on slimfast for months, so am finding it a bit unpleasant! found watering it down considerably, helped. Want to try the flavours as is first, and then I'll have a go at the hot variations. I can imagine that vanilla one would probably benefit from being mixed with a large flagon of hot coffee...

The bar at lunch wasn't bad, but had a 'sawdust' quality. But still better than previous.

Tomato soup was again substantially watered to think it down a bit, and better with black pepper and chilli flakes. Remeniscent of dried packet soups available when I was a kid.

Let's face it, all of the above are not things you would otherwise rush out and buy for fun, but they could be (and have been) worse.

Already have a strange mouth-taste going on, but I strongly suspect that's the soup.

Best wishes with it, everyone. :cool:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Well hello Miss D
glad to hear we have another one "from the other side":D

the shakes need quite a bit of watering down, hope that's ok, goes towards the endless water supply?

I like that the shakes don't have any sweetener in them, they have all tasted nice to me(let's not go too over the top on the accolades there)
I have not been too hungry at all

other diets? Slimfast oooohhhhh yes. Direr than a dire thing

I find weightwatchers annoying
always queueing at the weigh in, sometimes up to an hour! Argh!
Used to cheat and eat like a mad thing on leaving ww, then starve on the Monday weigh in day, squeezing out that extra pee just before stepping on those scales
I just didn't have enough tome in my life to sit for another hour talking about it either

ah well

good luck Miss D

Last edited:
Cheers chuck.

As I discovered this morning, the chocolate one works well with a lot of hot. :)

Today (day 2) I have been quite hungry, and had a monster headache. But TBH, that could have been a number of things. However, rather unfairly, said headache was remiscent of a hangover head. And then came over quite lightheaded at work at lunchtime.

I suspect I was sleepwalking last night and unconsciously finished the vodka.

Loads more water Miss, and the odd paracetamol or ibruprofen if required. It should pass, mine did. :)

Are you doing 3 packs or 4? If 3 might be worth having 4 for a couple of days if you are getting light-headed.

3, but it passed, I was just probably a bit overdue the lunchtime spacebiscuit, and I sit down for most of the day. Whilst i'm trying to remain chipper and perky about this, I'm not sure I want to voluntarily eat more than the obligatory 3 packs.

*More* water? oh lordy. I'm sloshing on litres as it is. They're already looking at me strange at work... (but actually, that's not unusual.)

Well I'm doing OK
which has completely amazed me !!

mind you its only officially my 2nd day
but I really thought I could not get through this long without food & only 600Kcal a day

whats in these packets
drugs ?? ;D

seriously though, my first gnawing stomach pains at 11am today
saw that off with half a bar

had my 1st ***
and lets say I think I will make the trip to holland & barrett tomorrow for some Psyllium husks

I am only doing 3 things a day
so far today I have had about 1.5 litres water, 7 cups of black tea/nettle peppermint tea

maybe you should add more caffeine into the mix Miss D
I think you can allow yourself that extra jolt (I read on here that coffee was a lifesaver on this diet-even though they hated it before!)

I thought I would be really suffering from carb withdrawal, maybe thats what you have, Like Yams says

anyhoo-fill your CP in Miss D
I have dared to !!!!
(took me ages to work out the height thing)

one thing I have noticed, maybe because its such early days

my higher faculties have gone a bit awol (I know, not much to begin with)
I have been finding myself struggling for words

need to get the theasaurus working in Word :D

will that go? Yam?? anyone

whats in these packets
drugs ?? ;D

seriously though, my first gnawing stomach pains at 11am today
saw that off with half a bar

maybe you should add more caffeine into the mix Miss D
I think you can allow yourself that extra jolt (I read on here that coffee was a lifesaver on this diet-even though they hated it before!)

I thought I would be really suffering from carb withdrawal, maybe thats what you have, Like Yams says

anyhoo-fill your CP in Miss D
I have dared to !!!!
(took me ages to work out the height thing)

Congrats!

from the above

1) If only.
2) Me too, but I share an office at the mo, and had to wait until lunchtime.
3) That probably contributed to the problem, TBH!
4) Almost certainly carb withdrawal, having been a veggie my 'normal' carb intake is probably a tad higher than most. It'll pass. Hopefully soon. And let's face it, I'm no stranger to headaches.
5) I'll get round to it. ;)

I was a bit spaced out for the first few days too, but am fine now.

Haven't had any poo problems either, that suggests to me that even if you are drinking plenty it might not be quite enough.

I'll start another thread about that though, just for TT! :D

Breaking news!

The vegetable soup's *gasp* quite nice, actually. Like cup-a-soup.

I dunno about the veg one miss
I prefer the mushroom I think

besides this post is just to say I have justdone a ketostix

and I am officially in ketosis

fank u, fank u one and all

smug :D

Felt the mushroom one a bit bland, but each to their own, innit.

Find it preferable to the chicken one. As a chicken soup in itself, it's OK; and I know all products are veggie. But it still tastes a bit like packet chicken soup from what I can remember, and I find that rather disconcerting. Can't actually decide whether I like it or not.

And the *all* repeat on me all evening, so would rather repeat vegetable.

Going shopping for minty stuff tomorrow, never mind the breath - it's just so I can take the assorted soup tastes away!

Today I was so hungry I could eat a pie chart.

Mmmm
management information systems

I sniff the biscuits at work when they offer them round

Have you noticed just how many food adverts there are on the telly?

At my mums at present
and her whole life revolves around food it seems

Have you noticed just how many food adverts there are on the telly?

Have I ever...

At my mums at present
and her whole life revolves around food it seems

I *truly* sympathise. Mine's the same. Have timed my initial month to end before I catch up with my folks for a couple of weekends in March. I'm too much of a wimp, and can't be done with the arguement! will get back to it after, if month 1 works out OK.

Hey
that bad back "twang" I had when I got out of bed

ITS GONE

:)

after only 10lbs loss I am reaping the benefits

Back