Had a bad syn day....

peggypig

Silver Member
Today started out ok but about 4pm went to the shop bought a packet of biscuits and fruit and nut bar eat some not all OH eat rest of choc.Didnt make me feel wonderful tho a bit sick.

Oh well be good tomorrow.:jelous:

hey Peggy, we all have not so good days, was there anything in particular that made you feel like you wanted to splurge? As long as you draw a line under it, and it doesn't become the norm, it's not a problem.
Chin-up, hope tomorrows a goodun

Nothing in particular I didnt have any dinner so when I went to the shop I was thinking what can I have, I just decided to have something chocolatey.
Will be much better tomorrow.:rolleyes:

:)
Today started out ok but about 4pm went to the shop bought a packet of biscuits and fruit and nut bar eat some not all OH eat rest of choc.Didnt make me feel wonderful tho a bit sick.

Just want to let you know that you are not alone. I always find the weekends hard. We are only human after all. We will have to be good all next week. :)

Have you tried SW confession for your syns? lol.

How many did you have then? - I assume it was more than 15. I feel guilty if I hit 16 by a silly miscalculation.

I can't help you but I'd willingly let you have the syns I'm not using if it was allowed:)

I annoy myself with it at times I wasnt desperate for the biscuits and choc just decided that was what I was going to do.

Must have felt a bit rebellious. What I have realised is its not worth as usually I feel a bit sick and dont enjoy it.

In future unless I really cant ignore the craving I wont give in.
Right onwards and upwards!!!!:jelous::D

i find weekends hard too
over induldged tonight a bit but nothing like what i used to be, and i'll be back to the plan tomorrow so not going to dwell too much on it :)

Ate soooo bad today. I feel like rubbish now :-( lunch with mum and sister... Pizza, garlic bread, choc fudge cake. Then nothing else until I just got home from work where I had choc cookies!! I feel so bad. I think thats probably about three days worth of syns?! Agreed? Or more. Nothing compared to what I use to eat but now I feel soo guilty!! Advice please?xxxx

you are not alone!!!
i had a binge yesterday with toast,cheese and pickle sarnie and a shedload of various chocolate!!
draw a line and get straight back on it.

I think its important to note that food shouldn't make us feel guilty. It should nourish us. We treat food like our enemy. Some foods r friends. Others enemies. Imagine if we felt the same way about people. I spend less time with people who are negative, manipulative etc. Do I feel guilty if I have a couple drinks and get stupid with them? No. Bit of fun but not my style. And back to the old friends who make me feel good. Guilt is what traps us in this crazy food relationship. Its ok to have a bit of fun with food. But its the old standbys that make us feel good about being ourselves. I still struggle with food guilt. But I'm trying very hard to change my attitude. Food should be enjoyed - not hoarded or guilt ridden. Losing weight can be really damn hard! So let's not make it harder on ourselves! If we spend more time with the food that makes us feel good, a one off will be nothing more than an afterthought. Here's to a new day - guilt free.

I'm bad if I do that as I then tend to give up for the week. But my consultant said to work out the syns in what you have and it may not be as bad as you think - then carry on with the sw plan

I did this on Wed afternoon - had a mini binge, annoyed myself, then worked the syns out and it was 14!!! So I just carried on with the plan - in fact I was still full from the binge that I only wanted fruit and yoghurt for tea so wasnt really bad at all

Exactly!!! I was so happy that I made the effort to work it out rather than giving up. My binge wasnt on really high sinned stuff thankfully - thats how I got away with it. In fact I could really do it everyday and be within my syns!! But I wont (as had nowt left for the evening - I like an Alpen Light with my coffee!)

Back