Had a little accident

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Hi

Early tonight I went to the sunbed. I got inside the cubicle and dropped my goggles. I bent down to pick them up and as I came up I cracked my head on the steel door handle which was loose and just jutting straight out - like not a curved handle. I had 6 mins on the sunbed booked and I thought I had just banged my head. A couple of mins later I touched the back of my head after I felt movement and I was bleeding. I didn't want to make a big thing of it so had the rest of my minutes and came out. I went to the girl and told her. My cousin was at the desk as he'd just come in and had a look. I obviously couldnt see the back of my head and he said OMG you need to get to hospital, you've got a hole in your head :eek:

By this time I was shaking and feeling a bit dizzy. I got to the hospital where I had to have some staples put in the back of my head.

The first thing my mam said was "oh, I think you need to eat some food" hahahahaha. The bit I am more annoyed at is I can't swim until the staples are out, which is 8-10 days. I had planned on swimming every day next week as I am off work for a week. Plans out the window now.

I'm going back to the sunbed shop tomorrow to show them what's happened. The thing is is I have just changed sunbed places this week and its only the second time I've been. They must think I'm a right numpty :wave_cry:

#cringe

Glad you're okay (ish) tho, wangle this correctly and you could have a yrs long free tanning beds! Will look perfect for that new body!

6 lost : 61 to goal

OMG hope you are ok x
You have been doing so well with your swimming!
Yes, I would go back and see them and they might be able to offer you something, for your ordeal . X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

OMG Mia I have to say this but I can't believe you are worried about missing swimming. if u have the week off rest and concernate on getting better and looking forward to having them staples taken out.

hope you are pain free very soon also your shrinking nicely and catching me up lol x

Oh dear Mia sounds bad babe hope u get better soon. Swimming can wait ur head is more important babes hugs x x

Thanks girls. Didnt have a very good sleep lying on my head. Was conscious of the pain all night. Also worrying about going to the sunbed shop. I think the owner should know about it and see it but just duno what to say!

Shanny, I love my swimming and did my 2 mile last saturday. I wanted to try it again today but no chance of that :-(.

I should be going to a party tonight too which has been planned for ages. I cant do my own hair now coz my injury is at the back of my head. Going to have to go to the hairdressers now - more cost!

You should tell the shop in case it happens to someone else, they should also offer you compensation, they have to have insurance. Try and get a piccie of the handle if you can too.

Well the owner of the sunbed shop called me yesterday. She was very nice, very apologetic but I was nice back. At the end of the day I understand it's an accident etc and didn't want to sue her lol. She offered to pay for my taxi there and back from the hospital plus the cost to get my hair done. She then gave me a couple of hours on the sunbed and a bottle of sunbed cream. She got off lightly I think but I didn't want to go down the 'no win, no fee' solicitor route and some people have suggested to me (not on here).

I went out last night and had a great time. I ate 2 biscuits before I went to knock myself out of ketosis and once at the party had a slice of ham and a couple of bits of cheese. I did however have a good drink which was well needed. Don't expect to lose much this week but hey-ho - life is for living I say :D

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend and thanks for your concern x

The lady from the sunbed place seems like she was pretty nice and offered you a little compensation in the way of free sunbed time....better than nothing....just watch out for stray handles from now on!

I'm glad you had a nice time at the party :D
And I hope your head feels better soon x

Back