Had a really naughty weekend and now feel guilty

Babana

It was my sister's 40th this weekend. As she lives a long way away we spent the whole weekend there from Fri to Sunday. I have eaten and drunk far too much. It's so hard to calorie count when oter people are giving you meals. PLus there was a delicious buffet at one point that I just couldn't resist.

Anyway, I'm back to my 1200 calories today but I feel really bad about the weekend. :( I'm dreading weigh in on Thursday. I feel like I'm losing motivation...I need to get back in the zone.

It doesn't help that it's my mother in law's 70th birthday tomorrow and we're going to my sister in law's for a meal and she's doing cheesey homemade lasagne. I feel like my diet is doomed.

Anybody got any words of wisdom to get me back in the zone?

This is my whole month of badness! It was my hubby's nans 80th and I was sat next to the buffet table I had to physically remove myself I was dreading weigh day which was today an I was pleasantly surprised I'd lost 4lb! It's my mother in laws 60th next week so it's a big family 3 course meal! Feels like im fighting a loosing battle! An the it's my hubby's birthday at the end of the month and we'll probably do something food related then! :( then it's my big 30th but I'm determined to spend it doing something fun and physical.. You jus gotta be good when you can an stick to your 1200 cals an a few lil days over won't make too much difference! Good luck an keep at it x

I had a 'bad' weekend... alcohol, curry, chocolate, jaffa cakes... I was nowhere near my calorie allowance but you know what? I don't care. I had a fantastic weekend and at the end of day life is for living, diet or no diet. As long as it's not every other day or every weekend, don't worry about it. You have to still enjoy life or you will resent it and give up completely. My suggestion for the lasagne is either take a lower calorie lasagne ready meal with you and have that with a big salad so that you don't feel the odd one out or have a small portion of her lasagne and a nice big salad still. But most of all, just enjoy yourself whatever you do. What's done is done, don't beat yourself up over it.

Must be something in the water: I had a scary hospital appt and have been comfort eating.

The thing is - how can you say one bad day, or a bad weekend, or a bad week makes everything pointless? Yes they'll slow your loss. Maybe it will take you an extra couple of weeks to reach your target, or even an extra month with all the bad days that might happen.

But if it turns into a reason not to bother on all the other days, the days that could be good days, then what?

Then nothing changes. Whatever reason you're losing weight for it doesn't just take a couple of extra weeks for you to do it - you never do it. It's more likely that this time next year you'll weight more.

But the only way to fail is to give up.

Get back on the diet and this time next year you'll almost certainly be thinner. You'll be doing something positive for you and making a change.

It's frustrating not being able to eat what we like.

It's frustrating not to be able to lose weight instantly.

But which sounds like the worse option

Eating what you like occasionally and getting to your weight loss goal a little slower
Or
Never reaching that goal at all?

That's why you put the bad day in the past and keep going.

I'd a bad weekend aswel full of chocolate! Back on track now! But il be awful again this weekend! It's bank holiday, paddys day Saturday christening Sunday and comfort eating Monday lol! Il try not pig out too much!

It can be the worst feeling when you feel that guilt...but iv always found the more I think about it and regret it and beat myself up, the longer it takes me to get back on track. It's hard but accepting it and putting it in the past is the best thing to do! You had a lovely weekend, feel happy! You've come a really long way and it's a journey, it's not always going to be perfect! You can have a great week this week :) x

Thanks everyone, I'm determined to continue with my good work. I'm working a nightshift tonight so wont be eating all day tomorrow as I'll be asleep so thinking about it the lasgagne tomorrow evening shouldn't be too much of a disaster.

I've had a good day tonight and by the end of my shift i will have kept to my 1200 calories.

I've got to remember that this losing weight malarky is a marathon and not a sprint!

Back