had a strange one today - advice appreciated!

I think I need to go and live with KD for a bit she could help sort my head out!

Hmmm.... I agree... maybe KD should set up a boarding school/CD Boot Camp... there would be no shortage of volunteers!

xxx
OMG thats an absolutely FANTASTIC idea - I think we should put it to her!xxxx

Can anyone tell me please how many posts I need to make to get more room on my signature? I have made up a sexy avatar and minimims won't allow me to put it on......thanks in advance xx

Oh wow l could have written that about the reasons to eat, the instant gratification, the reasons for eating, the food pill and CERTAINLY the part about living with KD :)

do you know

I have always had that problem - I always put everybody else first and Im WAY down the list - always been a pleaser which doesnt help and always feel selfish if I want something just for me - just in my personality I think!

I really need some mind work doing I did go for hypnotherapy before I did LL and he couldnt find any reason for why I was over eating but I KNOW I need to change my coping stratgies and behaviours its just HOW to do it.

Whenever anyone asks me why I do something (food related) its because I want it now and Im a person who thrives on instant gratification (hence the reason I love CD) and dont think about the long term consequences generally.

I can always justify eating aswell in that I do it to celebrate commiserate, reward anything really and I have always said I would find it alot easier if I was addicted to alcohol or drugs as you dont need them to survive and if only we could take a pill every morning and that would give us all the nutrition we need and take food out of the equation.

As you can tell i have a HORRENDOUS relationship with food that needs sorting out! I think I need to go and live with KD for a bit she could help sort my head out!
xxx

Sorry chick I dont know you have more posts than me but I think it may be because you have lots of different graphics. If you make your tickers smaller and your sunshine team banner it may help - but not sure xxx

I think I can identify with this, to some extent anyway. In fact, I suspect it had something to do with my falling off the CD wagon last summer. It was almost as though the weight loss had happened too fast for my head – which sounds completely daft, I know.

I’d been overweight – really overweight for more than 10 years. And in a way, I’d got used to that. I’d got used to being able to hide behind it. Used to sitting out anything that looked too strenuous, used to not bothering to make much of myself because what was the point? - I looked like a beached whale no matter what I wore.

And then all of a sudden, round about March last year, I remember seeing this slim-ish woman on the video screen connected to a CCTV camera at Brantano – and looking round to see where she was – only to realise it was me…

Now that should’ve been a fantastic moment, right? And it was, sort of. But it was also really weird. Like I wasn’t me anymore.

And then the more you lose, the bigger the weight (ha, scuse the pun) of expectation on you. People start saying, “Oh, you must feel so much better” and “Now then, you won’t go putting it all back on again, will you?” and all of a sudden, you don’t seem to be doing it for yourself quite as much – you start feeling as though you’re doing it because other people expect you to do it.

I’m not stupid enough to say that that’s the whole reason I came unstuck, but I think it had something to do with it. I’ve been overweight my whole adult life – and I just didn’t know how to cope with the new, slimmer me. It’s almost as though a part of me rebelled against it, slammed on the brakes. I was scared to become this new slim person – because what was I going to hide behind if I wasn’t fat anymore? Would people expect me to be all dynamic and energetic, all bright and breezy? Maybe they didn’t – but I did, I s’pose.

I have no idea where I’m going with this, by the way, LOL. I wish I could end this rant on a pithy bunch of wise words. :) I guess all I can say is that somehow, this time, I feel as though I’m in a much better place to finish this journey. I’ve dared to think a lot more about maintenance, about what I’ll do when I get to a healthy weight. Having said that, (1) I’m still terrified that I might not make it and (2) that even if I do make it, I might not be able to manage to stay there.

Hubby has just come home from work so need to catch up with him so will be back in the morning and thankyou all so much for all the support I REALLY REALLY appreciate it and KD if you are listening - we need a boot camp!!!
xxxx

I think I can identify with this, to some extent anyway. In fact, I suspect it had something to do with my falling off the CD wagon last summer. It was almost as though the weight loss had happened too fast for my head – which sounds completely daft, I know.

I’d been overweight – really overweight for more than 10 years. And in a way, I’d got used to that. I’d got used to being able to hide behind it. Used to sitting out anything that looked too strenuous, used to not bothering to make much of myself because what was the point? - I looked like a beached whale no matter what I wore.

And then all of a sudden, round about March last year, I remember seeing this slim-ish woman on the video screen connected to a CCTV camera at Brantano – and looking round to see where she was – only to realise it was me…

Now that should’ve been a fantastic moment, right? And it was, sort of. But it was also really weird. Like I wasn’t me anymore.

And then the more you lose, the bigger the weight (ha, scuse the pun) of expectation on you. People start saying, “Oh, you must feel so much better” and “Now then, you won’t go putting it all back on again, will you?” and all of a sudden, you don’t seem to be doing it for yourself quite as much – you start feeling as though you’re doing it because other people expect you to do it.

I’m not stupid enough to say that that’s the whole reason I came unstuck, but I think it had something to do with it. I’ve been overweight my whole adult life – and I just didn’t know how to cope with the new, slimmer me. It’s almost as though a part of me rebelled against it, slammed on the brakes. I was scared to become this new slim person – because what was I going to hide behind if I wasn’t fat anymore? Would people expect me to be all dynamic and energetic, all bright and breezy? Maybe they didn’t – but I did, I s’pose.

I have no idea where I’m going with this, by the way, LOL. I wish I could end this rant on a pithy bunch of wise words. :) I guess all I can say is that somehow, this time, I feel as though I’m in a much better place to finish this journey. I’ve dared to think a lot more about maintenance, about what I’ll do when I get to a healthy weight. Having said that, (1) I’m still terrified that I might not make it and (2) that even if I do make it, I might not be able to manage to stay there.

Oh Lily thanks so much for being so honest and I think you are so right - thats the second time Ive had my eyes fill up on one thread!!!!! but I think you are right I have never dealth with being a slim woman as I have always been on a diet never got to goal and never bloody stayed there.
But this time it WILL be different xxxx

Jessica, I don't know if I can explain it properly, but I've been feeling the same recently. I'm pretty much a happy and outgoing person too but recently I've just hated the attention I've been getting at work due to losing weight. It was fine at first and I happily told everyone all about CD and what I eat etc, and everyone has actually been dead nice and supportive - recently though, whenever I go in and take my coat off I can feel them all goggling at me! It was nice to have compliments at first but I've just got tired of feeling like I'm being measured up by about 10 pairs of eyes. I think it's to do with the dynamic of a group of women, if you know what I mean - one person loses a lot of weight, everyone starts talking about diets and paying more attention to their appearance etc. (so I've found, anyway.) I'm also now getting a bit paranoid about putting ON any weight too, as I feel it will be noticed! Anyway, this has been long rambling comment but I just wanted to say I think I know where you're coming from. :)

Maybe get a cuddle off your OH and, if it suits, have a good old cry. Then get up tomorrow ready to do battle with the world!
And don't forget, we are all here because we have an emotional relationship with food! xx

But then on the other hand I think no when i come back off hols I need to go through my maintenance steps to get the last 7lbs off to get to goal to stop me yo - yo ing

but the diet brings unwanted attention and I can hear the people in work saying oh why are you doing it after your hols you dont need to now etc etc etc.

Hi Jess

Sorry you've been having a bad day emotionally, congrats on your losses so far.

To throw in my twopence I would say make sure you go up the CD steps. It's as integral to your CD journey as any of the lower steps and will raise your metabolism back up again in a controlled way so that by the time you've reached goal your body will be pretty much back up to speed.

Trying to go it alone is a tough call and is where many people trip up - be kind to yourself and see it through. Don't worry about attracting comments - these people won't go home and dwell on what they've said even if you do so really what does it matter what they think or say? :)

xxx

Wise words from Lily & Serena... food for thought for all of us, I think. Lily, your post chimed with me in a big way... that's how I feel, too.

xxx

Serena you are an inspiration you look absolutely fantastic - i hope i look as good as you when I get to goal!

I cant thank you all enough for last night it helped so so so so much and all your posts. This diet is so good because it is so quick, but also so bad because of the same reason as your brain doesnt follow so quickly - I think I need to go on the stickys and threads about sorting your head out aswell and really pay attention to icemooses newsletters!!!

I didnt manage a cuddle with hubby would have killed him with my death breath!!! (another glorious side effect of the diet) but feel loads better this morning and have decided to put my goal as healthy BMI and go up the steps and then if I lose more great if I dont its not the end of the world as long as I stay in healthy weight range.

I think another part of my problem is Im a perfectionist and when I dont get to my far too high standards I give up so Ive decided Im lowering the bar slightly to give myself a bit of an easier time and enjoying it more

thanks again everyone you are all STARS!!!!!!!
xxxx

Jessica, that sounds like the perfect plan. Make your goal a healthy BMI (thats a goal enough and such an achievement when you get there). Then you can re-assess if you want to be at the top or the bottom of that range when you can see and feel whats it's like to be in that weight range. Good luck and like you said, just because you raise the bar a bit now, doesn't mean your failing in any way, just getting more info. before final decision is made.
Well done

Back