Had a zero coke - feel sick. anyone else?

Paws1981

I had a zero coke then a bath, when i got out i felt so sick!:(
Was cold and thought i was literally going to be ill. Anyone else felt like this? I'm on 4th day of CD.
Thanks xx

Dunno - we're not allowed diet coke on LL, but I do get nauseous sometimes in the tub.

I suspect it's down to a bit of low blood pressure, or perhaps going into ketosis, if you're not there yet. I know when I first started LL I felt a bit pukey for a couple of days here and there...

Kimmer

I dunno, hope you don't have a flu bug..

Hey hun, when I was on CD I swore by coke zero to keep me on track! Sounds like ketosis to me... the coldness is a very normal side effect. Im sure if you ran a search on here putting in CD and cold or LL and cold, you would find thousands of results!! As for feeling sick, again that is totally normal if you have just started. Your body is detoxing and is missing all the sugary carby things, possibly also caffeine, that you are used to taking in. There are lots of side effects associated with going into ketosis or just when starting a VLCD, so dont panic! Search the CD forum for advice, theres lots there. But I can assure you that what you experienced is nothing to worry about- keep drinking the water, it will help flush out all the toxins and make you feel better. If it carries on for more than a few days then maybe see your doctor but tbh it sounds like you are just experiencing some of the common but less pleasant effects of ketosis.

Its all worth it tho when you see those lbs falling off!! xxx

Back