Had first op after finishing ll

horseclutter

Hi everyone, haven't been on for ages but even though I didn't used to post much I found coming on here helped me with my lighter life journey.
I started LL 22/8/06 and finished ss at the end of febuary after losing 7 stone I then went on to do management.
I decided to see if I could get surgery on nhs, and went to see a consultant in July. He asked what I wanted doing I told him boobs tummy and legs, and he said what first and that was that.
Well to cut a long story short I had my boobs slightly reduced and uplifted last wednesday morning and I must be really lucky cos have had no pain at all and the results are FANTASTIC.
I have to wait 3 month between my ops which I am happy to do and I want to lose bit of weight before TT as I put about 10 pound on (but did have to give up 34 year smoking for op)
All you on vlcd keep up the good work, I know it is a struggle but the rewards are worth it. :D

:WOW: Firstly well done for sticking to what is a gruelling weight loss plan. Secondly I'm dead chuffed yo've managed to get the ops on the NHS ... from what I've read on here it isn't easy.

What are you having next?

My goodness - I've read so many posts on here where people can't get any help from the NHS. What's the secret???

Glad the first one went ok, and good luck for the next. Fantastic weight loss - what an achievement!

My next op is tummy tuck.

It is a post code lottery with the nhs. I live in Sunderland surgery is done in Durham but I have heard that they have plenty cash for surgery, wether that is true I don't know, but I know a few people I met at LL have been offered surgery. I was offered the surgery before he even looked at me, he said because of the weight loss I qualified for surgery. Aparently if you have lost 5 stone or more you qualify for it on nhs however at my pre op assesment the nurse who saw me was getting a tummy tuck on nhs and had lost 3 1/2 st so not 100% sure.

I think if anyone wants the surgery they should try and if refused you can ask to see another consultant and ask for a second opinion.

Back