Had such a rough night last night....help!!!

her kids probably say "urgh, mum is pooing potatoes again, wonder why they come out so perfectly grated and purple"

oh god, i shouldnt post here again xxx

THanks Katie - I wondered if we could have stool softeners, as that is really the problem I think. Will try and get to the shops today. At the moment, I don't see myself moving much! But it is def ok on the plan, yeah?

Certainly not going to be ordering hash browns any time soon though, I can tell you that!! :p :D

OMG, I am crying here, you lot are totally mental.

... and I have just bought a potato ricer as well, I could have saved some money and done it myself.

Right! Let me tell you BL, I have been where you are and even worse. You try sitting with a bunch of grapes hanging out of your butt. First, get the anus oil (anusol). The relief is marvellous and within a day or two you'll be back on track. The chances of bleeding being anything worse than anal fissures are minimal, especially if the blood is bright red, so don't get too anxious, although see the doc if you need to. The problem on this kind of diet is that you are taking in so little food that your bowel cannot move the waste through your body effectively. See, the intestine detects a bulk moving through it and starts a wave of muscular activity that moves the whole load on quickly in nice cylindrical log-like products. With the minimal VLCD waste, there is no detection, hence no muscular wave, leading to waste sitting in tiny little lumps throughout your intestinal tract. When the waste finally does move down, you need to strain to move it those last few centimetres and piles occur. Also the waste tends to be very dry and lumpy having sat so long in your bowel, also causing pain and discomfort upon exit. The Dulcolax will cause the muscles to start moving and you'll get rid of a load in one hit. I personally hate psyllium husk powder so I take the capsules. We aren't meant to though because of the capsule's gel covering. The husk will make your poo bulkier, which will start the intestinal process going again.
And no, I'm not Gillian McKeith!

Hello, BL. I really sympathize, as I get constipation even on normal food. I have a bit of a regime going, involving Ortisan cubes from health food store (eg Holland and Barrett). They don't give griping pains like laxatives, even Dulcolax. Since they are fruit-based they are not strictly LL-kosher, but they were recommended by my LLC (fellow sufferer). When I think it's (ahem) about time, I have a cube at bedtime, and then if nothing happens the following day I'll have a Dulcolax that evening. Psyllium is good too, though. Might get some of those myself.

Best of luck. You're doing great already!!!

psyllium husks

Ive just been out and brought some psyllium hasks 500g capsuls. how many should i take a day and can i empty them into my soups and shakes, and ideas

Ive just been out and brought some psyllium hasks 500g capsuls. how many should i take a day and can i empty them into my soups and shakes, and ideas

I never emptied them, just took a couple with my water in the morning, and maybe a couple more later in the day

Back