Had to have a long think today

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
I have been happily bumbling along doing the abstinence thing and you gradually see you 'goal' getting closer, but it is still difficult to know when to stop. When you have so much to lose and have never been that size since you were a teen it is hard to know what it should be.
I have been going by the BMI thing thinking that if I get to BMI 23 then that will be healthy, however I am now thinking that is too low for me.
I tried on a load of size 10 stuff I got in a bundle on ebay and my size 10 next 'guide' jeans I got and it all goes on, some of it quite comfortably and the rest probably needs another half stone or thereabouts.

This to me feels like it is far enough, but it would mean I am at the top end of the BMI and now I have been wondering what to do.

I am thinking I will go on for 2 more weeks, which should give me roughly another half a stone and then go into RTM. This should take me down to about 10.5 stone and a BMI of about 24.5.
In my mind I had intended on getting to 10st, but I really don't think that is going to be healthy for me, especially as you generally still lose in the first few weeks of RTM.

It is a struggle to know what to do. It feels like I am cheating in a way :confused:

And then there is that flippin' chatterbox saying 'you should just stop now, you can eat something tonight' :rolleyes: not helpful :pcwhack:

It is also a little bit scary thinking about getting on the next path, I think I am much more likely to fall off that one.

So, I have changed my ticker accordingly and reset my goal and hope I am doing the right thing.

Ali, only you will know when it's the right time for you. You seem to have made a good argument for where you want to be. All I can say is that BMI is a guide...what you have achieved is amazing and you have to be comfortable in the skin you are in :)

Ali Bex is right, you know your body better than anyone and you will know what feels right.

I can understand why it's confusing - the 'what if' it's just a chatterbox, but from what you've written you have good reasons to choose the goal that you now have.

You will know yourself when you feel right- and if that time is coming then start gradually intruducing food again via RTM. The thing is you can always SS again even of its just for a week to shift that last bit if its not working on RTM (which it will :D)
The main thing is- are you happy when you look in the mirror? do you like what you see and are you confident?
well there is your answer!
Anyways- apparently cos im so bloody short the government reccoment I should be 7stone2 for a healthy BMI!!
PAH!!!!!
so keep that in mind =]
:D
xx

Thanks ladies

I think I just wanted confirmation that I was talking as an adult!

I do think the time is right, and I think I have made the right decision.

Kellie=];487834 said:
The main thing is- are you happy when you look in the mirror? do you like what you see and are you confident?

Well, actually yes, I quite surprise myself at times, especially when I turn sideways, which I find bizarre, but yes I am pretty happy and my confidence has grown tremendously.

And you are right Kelly, I could go back a step if I need to later on.

Congratulations!

Have you got any pics of more than just yer head to inspire us? :D

Would you mind me asking your starting weight and how long it took? I'm feeling a bit like this is going to be never ending :rolleyes:
I haven't got a current pic, but I will get one done next week when I am all done up for Valentines. If I remember I will do one over the weekend.

I started on 1 Nov at almost 15 stone, my 14 weeks were up yesterday and I have permanently removed just short of 4 stone.

It doesn't feel like it has been that long, I spent years on diets like WW with nothing like this kind of result.
You will get about a dress size a month, I was 18-20 in Nov and now 10-12. I think that is pretty magic and well worth what I have been through.

Back