had to quit

:cry: Hi everyone, unfortunately i had to quit 2day as my partner gotpaif off and we cant afford it anymore, quite gutted as i was struggling to eat the food but was determined to do it. so sad. anyone have any tips on how i can keep a diet going on my own??? dont think im ever gonna get to my goal by myself. :wave_cry:

Hi ya

shame about your partners job sorry to hear that

Do you work?

Cant you go to weight watchers or slimming world?

Very inexpensive

. .

yeah i work part time because im studying and have a baby. we need every penny we have at the moment tried slimming world but didnt lose any weight but lost 5 pounds in 5 days on the c/d.

Awwww ... can you have another go at the weight clubs?

Or...... do a very high plan..like 1000?? thats still a very good loss overall with far less packs

? x

i think you only buy 1 shake a day, have a look in your book cant find mine lol, if not just try low carbing, give up bread and potatoe just have a bit of cereal or brown rice maybe, with protien and veg, have a chat with cdc, she may let you continue to see her, until you can start again maybe, my partner was laid off in june, both of us out of work and have a toddler but luckily matt managed to put some redundancy away for me to continue, i feel for you, but dont give up on yourself, youll find a way xxx

Sorry to hear about your partner's redundancy.
I have heard of a person that received free CD packs because they allowed their CD counsellor to use their home once a week as a 'surgery'. I suppose this would appeal to a counsellor that wants to cover a wider geographical area without incurring the costs of a rented premises.
The idea of doing a higher plan sounds good. Not sure if you could increase your part-time work, I know that when I was studying there really is a limit to how much work you can balance with the academic stuff and looking after a baby.

Sorry to hear about your problems, it must be especially dissappointing as you were doing so well. If 'traditional' diets don't work for you but cd suited, would it be worth considering a replacement meal plan thats cheaper, ie boots or supermarket own brand, still get the benefits of not having to think about food preparation so much, just the one meal a day. The big downside is that most are carb laden, so you will not get benefits of ketosis (hunger will return!) loss will be slower. Another alternative could be atkins, where you will get ketosis, although i'm not such a fan of the fats consumed on this one..?
Oh heck, not sure i've been any help, just thinking out loud....good luck whatever you decide. xx

How about a low carb diet, you have cut out carbs anyway, so it wouldn't be too stressful to continue, and low carb diets also work on the ketosis principle. If you do pick something like Atkins, just apply healthy eating principles aswell, and avoid all the fatty low carb foods, that some Atkins dieters turn to.

Good luck with what you decide. Have you thought about having a clearout and selling stuff on Ebay, thats what I did and I now have 5 months worth of CD money put aside.

Back