had to resort to movicol

mags1x

mags
S: 14st4lb C: 13st1.5lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 35.8 Loss: 1st2.5lb(8.25%)
It was dulcolax I was recommended...

Oh well hope it works.... gently for you!

Mags
xxx

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
S: 17st4lb C: 16st11lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 43 Loss: 0st7lb(2.89%)
I heard Movicol was good stuff. Glad it worked for you - nothing worse than constipation and unfortunately it's one of the pitfalls of a VLCD.

Have you seen the psyllium husk threads? Prevention is always better than a cure so check them out when you have time :)

Jemax

Hi guys

I'm finding that the husks are not as effective as they used to be and Movicol too sickly to swallow (and in fact did nothing for me) so I am back to Dulculax. But I really don't want to sick to this as I think will make things worse.

Has anybody tried anything else that works effectively?

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
S: 17st4lb C: 16st11lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 43 Loss: 0st7lb(2.89%)
Bigger dose of husks? LOL

carrot_tit

Gold Member
S: 10st11.5lb C: 10st11lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 26.7 Loss: 0st0.5lb(0.33%)
Getting backed up is one of the worst things about the diet! I remember one week i just couldn't motivate myself to drink my four litres. Bet i didn't get through more than a litre and a half a day. Well when i finally went to the loo i thought i was never coming out and i was completely shattered when i did!

Very embarrassing!

Jemax

You are so right carrot tit. It's so uncomfortable, I almost bought the syrup figs on Monday, then realised that this would affect my ketosis because of the sugar content.

I don't think I've lost any weight this week because of it and today I was so tempted to eat the biscuits and cakes a colleague bought for her leaving day. Tomorrow I will know for sure.