had to resort to movicol

It was dulcolax I was recommended...

Oh well hope it works.... gently for you!

Mags
xxx

I heard Movicol was good stuff. Glad it worked for you - nothing worse than constipation and unfortunately it's one of the pitfalls of a VLCD.

Have you seen the psyllium husk threads? Prevention is always better than a cure so check them out when you have time :)

Hi guys

I'm finding that the husks are not as effective as they used to be and Movicol too sickly to swallow (and in fact did nothing for me) so I am back to Dulculax. But I really don't want to sick to this as I think will make things worse.

Has anybody tried anything else that works effectively?

Bigger dose of husks? LOL

Getting backed up is one of the worst things about the diet! I remember one week i just couldn't motivate myself to drink my four litres. Bet i didn't get through more than a litre and a half a day. Well when i finally went to the loo i thought i was never coming out and i was completely shattered when i did!

Very embarrassing!

You are so right carrot tit. It's so uncomfortable, I almost bought the syrup figs on Monday, then realised that this would affect my ketosis because of the sugar content.

I don't think I've lost any weight this week because of it and today I was so tempted to eat the biscuits and cakes a colleague bought for her leaving day. Tomorrow I will know for sure.

Back