Had to stop the TFR...

jen_jen

Hey all, so I just had to stop doing the TFR part of the LT diet and switch to the Maintenance diet as a way of losing weight. I didn't like the person I was becoming around my child, quite impatient and snappy. Perhaps once I start college in September and I still need to lose some weight I'll get back on the TFR. For now I'll just be losing weight all that little bit slower on the Maintenance LT diet.

So far it's nice, it's great to actually look forward to a decent meal at the end of the day.

During my time on the TFR I had no real problems during the day, no cravings or anything, but when dinner time rolled around I was miserable. Exhausted from the day, my husband exhausted and my son at his crankiest as bedtime is near. All I wanted to do was have something to eat! Being a stay at home mom with little distraction doesn't make it any easier.

I congratulate all of you who've continued on the TFR, I know how hard it is for you and I'm delighted that you all can carry on. As for those like me, don't worry, weight loss can still be acheived, just a little slower that's all while on the Maintenance diet.

:D

jen_jen said:
Hey all, so I just had to stop doing the TFR part of the LT diet and switch to the Maintenance diet as a way of losing weight. I didn't like the person I was becoming around my child, quite impatient and snappy. Perhaps once I start college in September and I still need to lose some weight I'll get back on the TFR. For now I'll just be losing weight all that little bit slower on the Maintenance LT diet.

So far it's nice, it's great to actually look forward to a decent meal at the end of the day.

During my time on the TFR I had no real problems during the day, no cravings or anything, but when dinner time rolled around I was miserable. Exhausted from the day, my husband exhausted and my son at his crankiest as bedtime is near. All I wanted to do was have something to eat! Being a stay at home mom with little distraction doesn't make it any easier.

I congratulate all of you who've continued on the TFR, I know how hard it is for you and I'm delighted that you all can carry on. As for those like me, don't worry, weight loss can still be acheived, just a little slower that's all while on the Maintenance diet.

:D

Well done you for not giving in totally x

Hey, you've got to live too and it's really no good if you're totally miserable. A friend of mine is doing this with two shakes and a no carb meal in the evening and she's lost 13lbs in 3 weeks. The important thing is that you get to goal at a rate and by a method which enables you to stay motivated and I hope you've found that. Just as your son deserves a happy mum while you're losing weight he also deserves a happy, healthy, confident one throughout his life and reaching goal will achieve that for you. My seven year old son is a big part of my motivation for doing this.

Hey hun!

Well done for still staying motivated enough to not throw in the towel I say :) I understsnd what you mean about being cranky etc with the kiddies, I am a bit like that too right now as mine are poorly.. and this shake thing is not helping me! I am also feeling really faint despite drinking loads of water... I didnt know about the weight loss thru maintenance... I may look in to it for future ref to get me out of a hole.. hmm off to pose a question on here now!!

Good luck on your journey and if losing slower means u enjoy life and stick to it then I say thats a really good thing :) xx

Hiya! Best of luck and well for ya havin a nice meal in the evenings... know what you mean about being moody.... when i started this i was determined it wasn't gonna affect my mood and impact on my family... now for the first few day's i could've screamed.... but thankfully now i just grin and bear it and keep myself occupied.... the weight might be just that little bit slower for you, but it's best way for you and your family! Look forward to seein your weightloss!

Put it this way... i don't have kids, and i get cranky enough as it is! Nothing but praise goes out to all of you who have children who are doing a wonderful job with them as well as being on TFR! It's damn hard work!

Back