Hair - Laser?

Hello ladies. I have my first consultation and treatment on the 23rd oct. I have wanted to try laser for a few years now. The beautition I used to go to started offering it in 2007 but it was too expensive and I recently found out she's actually breaking the law cos it's not carried out in a dedicated clinic.

I quit going to her when she put her price list up to "London prices" as I call it, a full leg wax went from £18 to £25!:eek:

I am looking forward to my first treatment, I shave anyhow so it's no biggie for me. I just cannot wait 4-6 weeks for it to grow long enough for waxing lol.

keep us posted on how it goes.. i don't really know what they even do, or how it works.. or if it hurts.. i do hope not..

is it like a trail patch test/taster session on the 23rd, or the full shebam? ooh.. good luch with it.. and tell us how it's going..

Vxx

keep us posted on how it goes.. i don't really know what they even do, or how it works.. or if it hurts.. i do hope not..

is it like a trail patch test/taster session on the 23rd, or the full shebam? ooh.. good luch with it.. and tell us how it's going..

Vxx

Thanks.:) They will go through a detailed form with my medical history etc then look at hair to see is it suitable (coarse, dark is best not blonde or fair) then will prob be talked through it and then get it done. I am not worried about pain, I can stick electrolysis and it's apparently less painful that that. Can't wait!

i must be one of the lucky one,s i got my treatment on the nhs i got 6 treatments and then a review that says i dont need more treatments on the whole i was well pleased with what i got out it chin just about hairless top lip still a bit but a lot better than i have had for years if i want to keep up the treatments i will have to pay have not looked into how much it will cost as for pain i cant say i thought it was bad at all and def worth the little bit of pain for the end result and if i ever win the lottery would get it every were :);)

I have never been diagnosed with PCOS, the doctors only said it was "likely"??! I did have the overweight issue and some excess hair - I had 2 very manly and dark sideburns, and around 5-10 stray hairs on my neck. I know now that I am so lucky no have had the hair on my actual face, ie cheeks/lip.

I was SO horrendously crippled by this excess hair - I even tried to break up with my b.f when I told/showed him, I just though it was what should happen.

However, in Feb 09 I went for a consultation + the woman was so nice + understanding, even showing me her 'before' pictures. Now I've had 4 sessions and the hair is almost gone. I don;t need to shave, I can also wear my hair up.. .WITHOUT FEELING PARANOID!!!!! I only go for a 'touch up' session every 15 weeks now.

It cost me £70 a go + was the best thing I've ever spent my money on.

I have very pale skin, black hair and had never waxed the areas before (which I'm told assisted in the excellent results)

it doesn't hurt + honestly, it's the best thing I've ever done. go for it!

I also suffer from excess hair and it's horrible and defo knocks your confidence. I've got PCOS so think it's cos of that, it's not nice having to do hair removal all the time though.

I can't believe how much laser treatment has made a difference to my confidence - its well worth the expense (even though its a lot of money for s hort period of time you're in there) - I've had 2 treatments so far and I can't see any dark hairs ready to come through and I should go back for another treatment next week so may have to postpone it.

One tip though, if you're thinking of it, go sooner rather than later as any grey or blonde hairs cannot be treated.

I am battling this problem too. I get 5 o clock shadow and have to shave like a guy. It's humiliating at times

I am going to ge laser treatment if it is possible, you see I have coarse black hair on dark reddybrown skin which I think is a problem for laser therapy....I don't know, but at the mo I am trying to tackle the weight *sigh*

Hey laser treatment is good I have gt pcos and I wa told I coulldnt gt it on the nhs so I looked at all the places available n sctlnd I found one plc n Glasgow a hours drive away n I can honestly say it is so worth it. I had really hard hair on my chin and just after one treatment of laira I have got all bby soft hair. It was amazin. I also gt my underarms done and it's great. I have blk hair bt it is tru tht it does nt gt rid o white o blond hair.. Hope tht helps xx

I have also pcos and with me being of arabic blood my hair was thick and course, i got my 1st 6 sessions on the nhs then i had to pay myself, i pay 129 quid every few months but to be honest i would pay more as its changed my life, and the hair comes back finer, i would advise anyone to get it done, i can wear hair back from my face where b4 i was paranoid, stings a bit but hell its worth it xxx

Hi, I had electrolysis years ago and it wasn't very good and hurt like hell. Have had laser treatments every 4 weeks for the last few months and it has made a substantial difference. I went to Skin clinics and it cost me £500 as a package. I had to purchase and additional 6 treatments to deal with a few patches that were more stubborn but they only cost £50 for the 6. I had my lip, chin and jawline done. You can only shave or trim with sissors in between visits, but I managed fine. They cover you with a very cold cooling gel before the lasering and it feels no more that a flick to the skin. I never had any problems at all and it is the best thing I ever did. Just wish the weight was so easy to deal with!!! xx

I have got my first treatment booked in for Thursday this week, I hope I am going to be able to say that it is the best thing I ever did soon too! I was inspired by you ladies to get the appt booked - I have been thinking about it for years, but too worried that it might involve growing the hair and someone seeing it to ever check it out properly. I think that this particular symptom is more miserable than the weight. I didn't tell my boyfriend for months and months and hiding in the bathroom (which has no lock!!!) trying desperately to shave it off without him catching me was hideous. I was much less concerned about him finding my hold your tummy in pants or seeing my blobby bits naked! When I did eventually tell him he sort of shrugged, said "oh" and carried on with what he was doing as if it was a complete nothing. :D

I have got my first treatment booked in for Thursday this week, I hope I am going to be able to say that it is the best thing I ever did soon too! I was inspired by you ladies to get the appt booked - I have been thinking about it for years, but too worried that it might involve growing the hair and someone seeing it to ever check it out properly. I think that this particular symptom is more miserable than the weight. I didn't tell my boyfriend for months and months and hiding in the bathroom (which has no lock!!!) trying desperately to shave it off without him catching me was hideous. I was much less concerned about him finding my hold your tummy in pants or seeing my blobby bits naked! When I did eventually tell him he sort of shrugged, said "oh" and carried on with what he was doing as if it was a complete nothing. :D

Aww, bless him. And there was you worrying lol, mind you I'd be the same. I always wanted to get waxed but as you say you have to grow it for about 6 wks.:eek: I can go barely 6 days lol.

I know I'll have to get it done once or twice a year forever most likely but if it gets rid of the black dots that never disappear no matter how close ya shave it'll be well worth it. :)

Hello!

I had laser treatment done. It was at a hospital but not on the NHS-and from what I remember isn't cheap at all! It feels like a little prick to the skin when it's being done, didn't really hurt me at all. My problem was the redness after! My skin is quite sensitive and I went so red! It kind of worked. The problem with the place I went to was I missed my last session(which I had paid for) only because I hadn't received a letter confirming the date and they said that counted as a session and I wasn't allowed another one!

My excessive hair isn't really that excessive to be honest and is manageable with waxing from a beautician every few weeks. Although I woke up today and for the first time in I don't even know how long I had 5 hairs on my neck! Will be popping in to town to get some wax to sort that out this evening.

The advantage is it does work-well it did for me for the most part. My hairs still come back but are very thin and fine. The disadvantage is if you have skin like mine you will end up going red from it and it feels like your face is burning a little for a little while. It does die down though. I did find however, that yes they told me to shave in between sessions if I needed but I didn't actually need to. You might be the same :)

Hope that helps! xxx

i have had very thick facial hair since a teenager, i have PCOS and also developed thick back, chest and tummy hair.
i had electrolysis on my face for 10 years!!! its cost me £115 for 90 minutes every 4 weeks. this got rid of my 'sideburns' but was so so painful, i'd cry for the whole 90 minutes, then would have this hugely swollen face for a week.
i'd had enough so researched laser...

i visited various different clinics and finally went with a clinic in Brighton, ive had 8 treatments now, each costing around £200 each, this is for my entire face, entire back (back of neck to half way down my bum cheeck) and entire chest and tummy. it has totally changed my life.
i'm more confident, and no longer have that constant dark shadows, i cannnot wait for this summer to wear vest tops with pride! :D
All my hair has gone!
it may be worth me mentioning that i've also taken metformin for the past 15 years.

i'd say research and find out about the types of laser, i wouldnt bother with the IPL, my clinic uses the Cynosure Elite laser.

good luck! and feel free to ask any questions.

.... just the excess weight to loose now... but i can see that light

I am due my second treatment on Thurs and I am really pleased with the results so far! Been advised to start using Vaniqa again as it works best with permanent hair removal.:D

Back