Hair loss....it has started

katalena

Enjoying life!
Over the last week or two I have noticed when I comb/brush my hair there is a lil more than usual.

Today I am sat straightening my hair and there is a fair few strands coming away!

I have alot of thick hair so I am not worried. I knew this day would come but it is ok cos I am NORMAL! :D

Not long to go though!

Shedding Normal Kat xx :D

And mine grew back really quickly Kat, did LL in the past and it was pobably about the 5mth mark that it started happening. As you say you're nearly at your goal, congrats on the great losses BTW.

LOL Kat. Yes - mine started to fall out around 18/19 weeks of abstinence and has pretty much continued ever since.

I started with thick hair and although I'm just heading into week 40 and my hair is much thinner, no one has noticed except my hubby who spotted all the hair blocking the shower :D.

Like you - not worried as I know it will grow back strong and healthy - just like I am becoming :D:D. xx

Thanks Lexi!

I feel just the same thin inside!

I go to the hairdressers and have my hair thinned every few weeks so it will save me a few quid! lol

I have an appt on Saturday for highlights so will see what she says too!

Shedding normal Kat xx

I'm a bit scared when i read this....I have long hair and it would take ages to grow to this length again. :(

Laydeebug, it is shedding rather than clumps or patches, don't panic :)

Normal Kat xx

Yes, it's not so much a loss as a push out and restart!!! Think of it as part of the new you emerging! :)

Yes, it's not so much a loss as a push out and restart!!! Think of it as part of the new you emerging! :)

What a brillaint way to see it:D

think of it as... 0.00000000001lb closer to your goal! ;)

Mine started after milk week and is still shedding, but not as much now. I also have thick, long hair. Since that happened, I cut myself thick fringe to keep the hair at the front a more even length, so hopefully as the fringe grows out, I won't notice where the hair has fallen out so much.

Yeah T I

It's the only way to look at it.My new hair is much softer. I love it.:D

Mine started to come out 2 weeks ago (week 8 of RTM) but by the following week it had stopped. So hardly a big deal. When I investigated my scalp I found that the new hair was already through by about an inch, so the explanation of push out and restart is spot on I'd say....:)

Can I ask how the hair is Kat?
And everyone else?

I read another thread and it's worrying me. :eek:

Thanks. xx

I have a little more "shedding" than usual but nothing I am worried about :)

Kat xx

Laydeebug, the hairloss is nothing to worry about.
What happens with LL is similar to what happens when you have a baby, your body just holds on to it. You are only eating enough to just keep your body going so your body keeps hold of the hair so it doesn't use its reserves renewing it.
Most people will notice they hardly shed at all for a couple of months, then when you get to RTM or milk week (I think mine happened last time about week 17), you start to shed the old hair and new grows. You won't go bald, but you may notice your hair being thinner! You lose up to 100 hairs a day on average, so when it does come out it is noticable.
I really noticed not shedding last time, the shower never got clogged, then when I started losing it was bonkers.
But it does all renew and I had a lovely shiny head of hair.

Thanks Ali,

I understand the concept now of hair probably feeling thicker as it stops shedding, so ultra thin as it all comes out at once....I haven't had children so new to this hair changing thing. :p

I suppose if it happens it happens. Some of the other threads sound quite frightening, where people have gone very thin on top and had to stop the diet.
I guess that kind of extremity is my worry.

Am on week 10 now so in a few weeks I will be checking my plughole! xx :eek:

Back