Hair loss on VLCD !

canaryellow

Hi everyone.. :D

I am on CD, but i was told that other VLCD dieters have experienced some hair loss, mine seems to be fairly bad..
This is my 17th week and have lost over 6stone !
Would love to hear your stories, and what you used to combat this ie: vitamins etc,
And once diet finished did the hair re-grow ? :confused:

thanks in advance

x

Hiya

Just to reassure you that it does regrow quite quickly after you finish the diet and go back to "normal" calorie intake, a lot of people also say it grows back thicker and stronger than before.

Am sure some people have said Vitamin B12 helps when you finish the diet as well.

Make sure your CDC fills in a hair loss questionnaire and returns it to head office.

Mike

Hiya,

I believe that this is the time of year (and Spring, so they say) when hair usually falls out more than usual anyway!

I have read it somewhere, probably on here, that when the blackberries are ripe, your hair loss speeds up, only to be replaced by new growth over winter.

I am 'shedding' but my hair isn't thinning. It is alarming to see that much hair coming out, but this is the summer 'moult' time anyway!

I lost 8 stone over 7 months and the shed started just before I began eating. And my hair is shinier and glossier and healthier than ever.

Back