Hair?

Id love to keep my hair long but ive decided that if it thins out im going to cut it so it just sits on my shoulders.

I might as well have a totally different hairstyle with a totally different body shape.

Altho saying that, id like to grow my hair longer, what will happen will happen!

Hey Clair ^ ^ Its so annoying - everytime I touch my hair it seems to come out :( I think that I need to take a supplement now whilst on TFR to try and help it but will ask LT Helpline first I think.

Its just me as my friends say that it does not notice as being thinner - but I can see it and feel that it is and my hair used to be my best feature :( I have dyed it to try and make it look/feel thicker and am considering a gentle perm to give it some body and the look of being thicker.

Its quite scary really but then they do say that a woman's hair is such an emotional thing - I used to get tears in my eyes when I have a trim ;) but dont do that so much anymore and put it down to having a stray hair in my eyes lol.

Ho Hum - along with the saggy skin, return of the totm and the hair loss I am beginning to wonder if this is all worth it. Of course I am much healthier in many other ways in that my risk of strokes, diabetes and heart attacks have reduced - but that seems so trivial compared to losing my hair :) its odd as it should be the other way round. Some say its a small price to pay for a slimmer body, which in the great scheme of things is so very very true and all I can do is hope that things settle down later this year. As soon as I come off TFR I shall be necking down the hair vits as much as I can lol.

I am not giving up the diet - I just wish my hair would stop falling out :)

HI,

I did TFR for 3 months in 2008, and when I started to refeed I lost hair everyday for 3 months. My shower was awful, it just came out in lumps and people would be commenting to me how much hair was on the back of my jumper or coat. I was ok for the first few weeks, but then got really stressed about it after 2 months, I was thinking "is it ever going to stop?"

Anyway, I didnt get any bald patches and I could feel it was much thinner but I dont think anyone else would have noticed it was thinner.

I dont think there is anything that you can do to prevent this from happening.

My hair is really thick now, but obv this is 18 months ago that I came off TFR.

I am doing TFR again so I guess I think it is worth it! xox

Hey Clair ^ ^ Its so annoying - everytime I touch my hair it seems to come out :( I think that I need to take a supplement now whilst on TFR to try and help it but will ask LT Helpline first I think.

Its just me as my friends say that it does not notice as being thinner - but I can see it and feel that it is and my hair used to be my best feature :( I have dyed it to try and make it look/feel thicker and am considering a gentle perm to give it some body and the look of being thicker.

Its quite scary really but then they do say that a woman's hair is such an emotional thing - I used to get tears in my eyes when I have a trim ;) but dont do that so much anymore and put it down to having a stray hair in my eyes lol.

Ho Hum - along with the saggy skin, return of the totm and the hair loss I am beginning to wonder if this is all worth it. Of course I am much healthier in many other ways in that my risk of strokes, diabetes and heart attacks have reduced - but that seems so trivial compared to losing my hair :) its odd as it should be the other way round. Some say its a small price to pay for a slimmer body, which in the great scheme of things is so very very true and all I can do is hope that things settle down later this year. As soon as I come off TFR I shall be necking down the hair vits as much as I can lol.

I am not giving up the diet - I just wish my hair would stop falling out :)

Aw Jools, I'm sure that once you have came off TFR and eating a balanced diet it will show in your hair. Also knowing that other peoples hair has gone back to 'normal' eventually is reassuring. I think you should phone the LT helpline to see what they suggest, and also for peace of mind. Just keep in mind that this is only temporary;) & try not to let it upset you too much

Clair x

Back