Hairy Dieters?

The cumin crusted vegetables are really simple but very nice. I had them with steak with a bit of a spice mix, but I reckon they'd definitely go with any type of meat. Need to have a look for the book. Had a quick flick through it the other as my friend had bought it and the recipes do look lovely.

The sweet and sour is yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Right then, it's my mission to find a copy this week..... well that's if I have any time to go to the shops.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

superclaire999 said:
I tried the lasagne and found it verystringy and difficult to eat, because of all the leeks, perhaps bc I put 3 layers lol , maybe they only used one layer?? Also used extra lean mince to maker en lower in cals

I did the leek lasagne and it wasn't at all stringy. Did you boil the leeks long enough?

Not yet. Local Tesco is only a wee supermarket so doesn't stock books. Won't get a chances search further afield until the end of the week. Fingers crossed that before then book people will have it back in stock.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I made the cheese, potato and leek pasties, they were very nice but I was making food I could freeze and take to work and they do not freeze too well the bread pastry goes soggy. But would be great to eat on the day.

gaz316 said:
I made the cheese, potato and leek pasties, they were very nice but I was making food I could freeze and take to work and they do not freeze too well the bread pastry goes soggy. But would be great to eat on the day.

I wondered about that & thought I'd halve the ingredients cos I wouldn't dare make 8!!!

I loved the look of these on the programme. Was the texture of the pasty like real pastry?

I made the shepherds pie last night, i tweaked the recipe so that i didn't used the oil for cookign the leeks. It was very nice and I had a huge portion for 350 cals. OH cleared his plate!

I did the leek lasagne .. I thought it was nice :) in fact I'm going to finish it before I go to work today for my lunch x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I finally got the book this weekend in asda for £7

Looking forward to trying some of the recipes and I like the idea of using half fat creme fraiche for my mash.

Back