Hairy Problem :-/

laser hair removal for pcos

Ive had PCOS since I was in my late teens - im now 37 and then there was nothing they could do apart from laser on my ovaries to remove the cysts which them would reappear anyway!
I have had laser hair removal I pay £36 per session 15 mins and I go when I need to.
I live in Northampton and there is a great clinic.
I have my neck cheeks chin top lip done. Being dark haired its very embarrasing having any excess hair. But this does work.
As this problem is hormonal you wont ever really get hair free. but the hair folicles are destroyed so that hair will never come back.
My face is not as bad is it was ive lost that downy fluff on my cheeks and the few wirey ones on my chin which caused bad spots due to being ingrown when I tweezed them out. I now probably just go back 3 times a yr for a session and have also had my underarms and bikini line done :D
Its just another upkeep I have to do like dying my hair and trying to slim.
There was something on the market called vaniqua yrs ago that was supposed to reduce hair growth not sure if that was ever tested or supported by the GMA.

Its worth the money in my opinion and no worse on the pain front as waxing the hairs they zap do work their way out of your face over a few days and ones that are not in the growing phase at the time of the treatment will return in 4-6 wks. But 4-6 wks with no facial hair!! I couldnt have ever imagined that when I was younger
x

It has to be the worst syndrome in the world, was dianogised in my teens, (15yrs ago) and the knowledge was limited and it hasnt improved much except Drs are more aware. I have hair everywhere except my feet and teeth :D

I go for a full body wax every 4-6weeks and it is so liberating. I have just invested in a boots smooth skin home laser machine, Ive tried it a few times on my Legs/Arms and now have bald patches :) It is very time consuming, so I have been lazy and plus I am not allowed to wax just shave which is why i am yet to do my breasts unless I know it works.

I have tried Vaniqua and it did seem to work if you use it religiously ....I did however have to stop use of it when i found out i was pregnant as it can cause babies to be born with both bits! so it is obviously not ideal if you are TTC.
I have been thinking aout trying Laser as i am totally fed up with the hair - its the worst symptom for me however i have to save some pennies before i can give it a go!

I'm a furry girl too!
I started having electrolysis for an hour a week on my face when I was about 14. I had that until I was about 18/19 and combined with Dianette it kept it manageable.

I had my forearms lasered before my wedding. That was 7 years ago, and I can still proudly wear a t-shirt!

My upper lip didn't respond to laser. So that just gets bleached now- I'm not try electrolysis again.

There are many many of us out there. I see lots of ladies with this problem with my job. It's just something we don't really like to talk about.

in MHO IPL DOES NT DO MUCH FOR HAIR REMOVAL MOST OF THE WOMEN WHO COME 2 THE LASER CLINIC HAVE TRIED IPL AND IT HAS NT WORKED 4 THEM,IPL IS A LIGHT THERP NOT LASER BUT THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION,IT COULD WORK FOR SOME

Laser works for many. You can try it too. Just be sure whom to go to, okay?

have you tried electrolysis.

i personally havent but my friends have, and it really lessens the thickness of the hair until its eventually gone forever.

it isnt a 'quick fix'...it will take a few months with monthly sessions, but apparently it really works.

I know this is me coming back many moons later however thought I would post an update I was refered to the dermatologist and he gave me cream to use and I start laser on the NHS in 2 weeks!!!!!

Because of the pcos I qualify for the treatment!!!!

I know it will differ all over the country BUT if anybody is still struggling on I urge you to get our gp to refer you to the dermatologist and see if they will ok the treatment for you.

Me x

takemedrunkimhome said:
I know this is me coming back many moons later however thought I would post an update I was refered to the dermatologist and he gave me cream to use and I start laser on the NHS in 2 weeks!!!!!

Because of the pcos I qualify for the treatment!!!!

I know it will differ all over the country BUT if anybody is still struggling on I urge you to get our gp to refer you to the dermatologist and see if they will ok the treatment for you.

Me x

That's really good, let us know how you get on. I'm lucky I'm not hairy but who knows what the future holds! Good luck :)

Back