Half a pound a week...

welshbrummie

I know i should be pleased with myself, having lost a stone, but it's taken me more than 10 months. And with 3 stone still to go, it's hard to remain motivated.

I'm with Slimming World and some of the members lose a stone in a month, i know what i aught to do, but I'm finding it extremely difficult.:sigh:

I'm considering a defection to the Atkins diet, i would have already except i love my SW group...:wave_cry:

On the plus side I've just found this marvellous website :)

Is there anyone out there like me?

Lorna

Hi Lorna

I have been doing SW since end July and only lost 1/2lb or 1lb each week. I think it's better if the weight comes off slowly as you are less likely to put it back on.

Stick to the plan and you will get to where you want to be. When I STS one week my consultant said it may be because I wasn't having enough Syns, as I didn't always have 5-15 syns a day, since then I have always made sure I have at least 5 every day. At weekends I tend to have a few extra, say 20-25 syns and I'm still losing. Not sure if I have this week as have twice as many syns at the weekend to what I usually have but have still made sure I've had at least 5 syns every day. I can't get to WI this morning because of the snow so hopefully if I stick to plan this week I will have a 1.5 or 2lb loss over the 2 weeks.

Denise

Yes! It's taken me since February to lose a stone and a half, and now I can't seem to shift any further. SO frustrating, but I just keep reminding myself that it's not a diet - it'd be different if I was half starving myself and STILL not losing, but it's not that much of a hardship to keep going with it, even if it's just to stop myself gaining!

I've been going since Feb and have lost 1 stone 13, I generally lose 1/2 or 1lb a week, and STS one in 4! It does get frustrating, but then I think about the flexi syn nights I have to incorporate SW into my life and then add up all that weight over a year and realise I am on the right track - this is a journey, it takes commitment and patience to see it through. If you lose the weight slowly and steadily it will stay off.

Stick with it, any loss is a GOOD loss!! xxxx

SW has taught me a great deal about how to eat for life.

I now know how to maintain an even weight - rather that the yoyo dieting/gaining life i had before SW.

It has been quite an emotional journey, and even tho i still have quite far to go, i feel that i've dealt with the major food issues that caused my weight problems.

I just want it to come off a bit more quickly and then maintain a bit lower.

Should i reduce my sins (currently around 10/day) or apply limits to carbs - maybe i'm just a bit greedy with the spuds...

are you following the same days, could you not try swapping to a week of red days or green days and see if it suits you better? or have you tried that

I've been doing extra easy. definately could do with a change - gonna try a whole week of red after my weigh in on Sat.

Good luck Linzi with your 7lb by New Year challenge. Maybe i should try some goal setting...

Safia, you're right to be happy with you're losses - i shall be more patient and give myself a break lol

thanks hun...altho im not very optimistic at the min....we are snowed in and its driving me mad and im snacking on things i shouldnt be....i need to get out this house!!! lol

I've done Atkins, your breath stinks, your wee stinks you are constipated ++, and you can't stick to it for life.
Have you looked at your portion sizes? Have you ,hand on heart stuck 100% to the plan? Are you having 1`/3 superfree foods at every meal? Are you drinking lots of water? Are you having (and weighing) all your healthy extras?
I used to moan that I didn't lose on green, but actually, I never had 100% week, I was in denial and only fooling myself.
Why not do a food diary, or post one on here, and write down everything you eat as you did on week 1. I'm sure we'd be able to find something to help you with.

You're right Judi, i havent been 100% on plan the whole time. On weeks
where i do a food diary i have a better loss.

Feeling rather more motivated now having found this website - thanx everyone for your input.

i have to agree with judimac atkins is ok for short term loss but i couldn't stick to it long term , i think thats why i failed on so many diets b4 cause i wanted a quick fix and could not stay on any of them longer than 3 weeks i got bored eating the same thing all the time, i love s/w have been following it for 13 weeks and have lost 16.5 lbs so far if i hadn't been following it the last few months i'm sure i would have put another stone on, good luck what ever u decide :)

Back