Half marathon training

Good luck with the race!!! Look forward to hearing how you get on. Enjoy it, it will be a great atmosphere and a great sense of achievement afterwards :)

Best of luck give it socks :)

Thanks for all the good luck messages. I'll let you know how it goes on Saturday morning!

Good luck sweet :) xx

oooo room for another one??
im signed up for the bristol half marathon on 30th sept.

did my first 10k on sunday just gone and need to get a proper training regime going now for september.

Well done how did it go for you?

getting a proper running programme soon.
and then once i get it im banning from running on the treadmill!!! i found my last run in a park was much more enjoyable actually.... tougher but still very enjoyable.
all my runs coming up are on road apart from the race for life so on road should feel a bit better.
not a fast runner at all, but dont mind as long as i run as much as i can without the need to walk!

im not wearing my running trainers until i start running outdoors either, i used to wear them for the gym too but i dont want to burn them out before these big runs.

Hi lurverick, well done on your 10k. I too have signed up for the Bristol half.

i was reading back through the thread and noticed that you and another lady had!! minimins does bristol! lol.
what time are you hoping to do bristol in?

Well I did the 10K race for life this morning in 1h 3:40 and was really pleased with this. I got my pacing right - did first 5k in 32.45 and then able to speed up quite comfortably. Atmosphere was amazing - never seen so much pink in all my life!! But well worth it. I actually feel like I'm a runner now and have a medal to prove it. Next challenges are to get under the hour for 10k and train for norwich half in November.

lurverick said:
i was reading back through the thread and noticed that you and another lady had!! minimins does bristol! lol.
what time are you hoping to do bristol in?
Well I did the Silverstone half in 3 hours. Hopefully I'll do Bristol in 2:30 but it will depend how warm it is.

littlemeercat said:
Well I did the 10K race for life this morning in 1h 3:40 and was really pleased with this. I got my pacing right - did first 5k in 32.45 and then able to speed up quite comfortably. Atmosphere was amazing - never seen so much pink in all my life!! But well worth it. I actually feel like I'm a runner now and have a medal to prove it. Next challenges are to get under the hour for 10k and train for norwich half in November.

Excellent well done! I'm doing Norwich half too! Have you entered another 10k yet?

well done!!!! feels good doesnt it - i was so excited about getting my medal last week on my first 10k!

Well I did the Silverstone half in 3 hours. Hopefully I'll do Bristol in 2:30 but it will depend how warm it is.

Excellent well done! I'm doing Norwich half too! Have you entered another 10k yet?

im hoping to do bristol in 2hr 30 too!! obviously would like a little less but thats my aim :)
no i havent entered anything else yet...looking around but so skint and childcare a major issue so its just finding things i can a) afford and b)have hubby home(works varied shift pattern) to have kids.

Haven't signed up for another 10k yet, but will do another before November - there's usually one down in Thetford in September - unless there's one earlier. I want to get under the hour in the next one, so will need to train with that in mind

A friend of mine that runs competively in hill races was advising that to reduce your time just do one of your runs in the week at a faster pace than you normally would to improve your time - if that helps any.

not a run, but ive got my half marathon moonlight walk in 5 days! very exited for it now

Hi Ladies! I am training for a half marathon in Germany! Race day is June 23rd! If anyone has any tips, I would be greatful! This will be the longest run that I have ever ran :) x

Very best of luck r2lilien, what distance are you up to now? Do you have a time in mind?

That's a really good time fingers crossed for you! my only advice is wear blister socks!

Back