Half marathon training

Pleased your both still around :)

Hope your taking it easy Welshtigger. I would be really frustrated in your shoes. No point running until your fully recovered though

Are you still marathon training Gina?

I backed out of the April full, just didn't feel ready for it!
90% chance I'll go for one in December, defo doing one in April 2014

Sounds a good decision, a marathon is well hell of a challenge and you certainly need to feel ready mentally. Good for you, will be a fantastic achievement for you :)

I was still struggling with my halves at the time, but my timings have improved a lot since then, my first half was almost 3 hours now im doing 2hrs 15mins so definite improvement there.
I felt I could go on longer on my last half, that was my fastest timing too. wasn't sore from it, so I could have carried on.

been out for a 5 1/2 mile run today, the heat isn't nice to run in! :( much prefer the rain over this

yep! :D

I've registered for a half marathon at the end of May and I've def got my work cut out!

I was running 5k before Christmas comfortably in 30 mins but then I was unwell in January with vertigo so unable to do any training. I went out for a run this morning (my first this year) and this was my work-out...

image-2591426519.jpg

I've never entered a race or ran anything further than 5k/3miles before so I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to do it now!

put In the training and you can do this, end of may is plenty of time to train.
even if you have to walk some of it or pull out, theres no shame in that.
you CAN do it

slow run ;)

which half marathon are you doing?

which half marathon are you doing?

I live in N.Ireland so it's a local one in Newry, eek!x

I agree, May is plenty of time to train. It will take a week or two to get back to your pre Christmas fitness levels.

Fingers crossed!! x

I am planning on 4 runs a week and a boxing class on a Monday. Hopefully will be able to do 5k in 30mins in 2 weeks time. I'm just a bit worried as I had a knee injury at the start of October which I rested until mid-November before running again. Yesterday it started to twinge a little (it also did this on my last run on Boxing Day) and it's quite sore today. I'm not sure if it's related to that injury, if it's a case of bad shoes (I hope to get my gait analysed and buy new ones this week) or if it's just because my body isn't used to it yet! x

found out theres a local half marathon that's literally 10 minutes run away from me... too good an opportunity to miss.

Back