Half marathon training

Got my Plymouth half marathon pack yesterday and race number!! 12sleeps to go!! :eek:

That sounds really cool! What is it? I have never heard of that before!xx

just a half marathion but a walk, starts at midnight :D took me around 3hr 45 mins last year with no training, but i want to speed that up so ill be power walking some and increasing speed!

two little runs today, one to the gym and one home. i nkow its not much but im getting used to on road running

you don't need to run long all the time ya know, some sessions should be short but high intensity intervals

i alternate on run days, a short run every other day, and leg work in the gym (200 squats)

squats hurt after a run!

No I'm sure most of us don't run long all the time. I do two short runs a week followed by one long run, 2body pump classes and a body step class :)

Sounds excellent Summer, no wonder you've gotten such great results.

Blister socks????? Explain please,pretty please!!!!

blister socks are socks with an inside lining attached, so all the friction happens between the outer layers and the shoe and not your skin - they're awesome! can also be done using those nylon footsie socks inside your normal socks :)

Thanks for explaining that exiguous, I haven't heard of these at all! Will probably need to get them as I extend the mileage. Can I ask how many of you suffer with blisters and at what distances did you start getting them, because so far at 8 1/2 miles for my long run I still haven't had any - or am I just lucky so far?

Good luck to everyone with races or events coming up this week end

You're so so lucky!! Id get them from a 1 mile never mind 8! I never run without blister socks now and they save me a lotta hassle

I too am lucky, not had one so far!! I do run with proper running socks though.

Not long now Summer!!!!

My longest run is 10 miles so far and no blisters so far :) maybe a combo of good running trainers and good socks!!xx

Nope not long at all :)

I have blister socks but can't wear them on long runs. Short runs they're fine but runs over about 5miles my feet swell too much and the make it uncomfortable to run xx

I've only ever had the beginnings of a blister on one occassion and I think that was the new shoes because I went from neutral to slight support and found it rubbed.

summergurl said:
Nope not long at all :)

I have blister socks but can't wear them on long runs. Short runs they're fine but runs over about 5miles my feet swell too much and the make it uncomfortable to run xx

Are the socks you use compression socks? They are brill for long runs! No blisters either!!xx

Ooo thanks for explaining!! I must must must get some of these!!!! Will have a good look around after she gets paid...he is lucky and never needs anything like that but anything over a few miles and anytime I have new shoes I suffer very badly-always have

9.5 mil run today and my knees are killing me!! Does anyone run off road? Gonna try that for my next few runs!!xx

lurverick said:
Ooo thanks for explaining!! I must must must get some of these!!!! Will have a good look around after she gets paid...he is lucky and never needs anything like that but anything over a few miles and anytime I have new shoes I suffer very badly-always have

Try sports direct! I've ordered my compression socks there, and I think it was £3.99/ pair!xx

Back