Half marathon training

28th of october, but i also have a 9 mile run in september to train for.

only managed 3 miles today but it was faster (yay!) 33 mins 23 seconds.
friction burns again, not under my arms because of a good tshirt, but on my sports bra line. only noticed in the bath when it felt like i was on fire with the burning pain. red raw :/ first time thats happened. ive done 3 mile runs before with the same type on and no burns :S

Unlucky about the burn Gina theres some good creams you can get for chaffing if its a continued problem

when its only a short distance run i wont bother so much about them, but i will maybe get one for the longer runs.
still a bit sore from the burn but nothing i wont get used to with my runs 3 times per week :)

this week ive done 3, but wont be doing my saturday run with the race for life being on sunday

Try a bit of Vaseline on the bra line Gina, may help :)

this isnt as hard as i pictured it to be. did my planned run today of one hour, cant be sure of the distance as i jsut ran round various paths, the park, around the park ect... even started singing along to my ipod. at the same moment i bumped into not one, but 3 people from the gym i attend. they heard me singing terribly. *shame*

Hi,

Though I'd pop in and say hello. A newish runner. Just finished the C25K programme. Doing Race for Life this weekend. Already downloaded the bridge to 10k app and will start that next week. I've entered the Great South Run in October so will be working towards that.

Rhyannasmum said:
Hi,

Though I'd pop in and say hello. A newish runner. Just finished the C25K programme. Doing Race for Life this weekend. Already downloaded the bridge to 10k app and will start that next week. I've entered the Great South Run in October so will be working towards that.

Good luck!! Let us know how your race goes!!xxx

My half marathon is Saturday!!! Eeeeekkkk!!! I am incredibly nervous(especially as the past two weeks I have hardly run due to a sore knee)!!!

Ooh good luck :) x

Best of luck you two you can do it!!!!!!!!!!

Oh good luck to you both!!! Try and enjoy it, it's a great feel when you get to the finish line!!

I have the London 10k in 2 weeks. I really want to be under an hour, but haven't really put the work in to achieve it. I still have a few runs to go though, so just need to push myself a bit more.

I know how you feel hon got a 10k in the morning and was really hoping for 57 minutes but its looking unlikely
Oh good luck to you both!!! Try and enjoy it, it's a great feel when you get to the finish line!!

I have the London 10k in 2 weeks. I really want to be under an hour, but haven't really put the work in to achieve it. I still have a few runs to go though, so just need to push myself a bit more.

Good luck, hope you get a good time. Maybe the excitement on the day may push us that bit more :)

a good idea to do my planned run on a flooded park tommorow? or just compramise and use a treadmill?

You could put a slight incline on the treadmill, that is then meant to be the same as running outside?
I am hoping the rain will stop so I can go running 2moro :)

You'll be fine. Remember to go off at your own pace, don't fall in with the crowds & most importantly ENJOY IT!

It'll be the best feeling ever crossing that line at the end :)

Look forward to hearing about it.

I agree with everything Summer says! Look forward to hearing about it x

Back