Half marathon training

Awh thanks doll, I have to say im so glad to have gotten over my hour barrier, next step is 55 minutes :)
58 mins is a brilliant time, well done :)

It makes it a bit more real when you see your route. How is your hip now? Is that two 10k's in two days? I struggle to run two consecutive days, my body protests too much, lol.
I love choc labs :)

got back into it today after (apart from one short 3k run 2 weeks ago) a month off.
didnt/dont want to concentrate on speed just building distance back up.....did 5k so 3.2 miles this morning in 34 minutes

Well done Lurverick, it's not easy to get back into once you have a break.
I am having to up my distance again, unfortunately it doesn't take long to lose the stamina. It was only about 7 weeks ago I did a half marathon, but now I'm struggling with 10k as I have not been putting the mileage in..!!

Well done Lurverick, it's not easy to get back into once you have a break.
I am having to up my distance again, unfortunately it doesn't take long to lose the stamina. It was only about 7 weeks ago I did a half marathon, but now I'm struggling with 10k as I have not been putting the mileage in..!!

indeed it is hard....before i stopped....i was up where 10k was hard work but doing without stopping.i have a half marathon in september (30th) so was really pleased with how it was progressing and also in that stage where i was wanting to go run it wasnt a chore....now after a month out,wow! a complete chore! determined to get back to where i was though!!!
and you will too......i always get major envy when i read your sig!

It makes it a bit more real when you see your route. How is your hip now? Is that two 10k's in two days? I struggle to run two consecutive days, my body protests too much, lol.
I love choc labs :)

it makes me nervous actually seeing it! makes me feel better when i look at the full marathon route though :p
still acheing, i will give running a miss tommorow, i know im always worse 2 days after when i ache. yeah two 10k's in two days, tried to push for a 9 mile on the second day day but thats when my hip started being painful again.
rest day from running and exercise tommorow, will do a quick 3 mile run on friday :)

lurverick said:
now after a month out,wow! a complete chore! determined to get back to where i was though!!!
and you will too......i always get major envy when i read your sig!

I'm sure you'll soon be back in the swing of things really soon x

I haven't run for 2 weeks due to illness and work being so heavy. Went out for the first time today and pushed myself, but did just over 8 miles so quite happy. Now just need to keep increasing and also keep the 2 other shorter runs in each week. Can't wait for school holiday in 3 weeks, when I can go out more often.

Well done littlemeercat, that's great.

I haven't been running very much for the last few weeks and I can't seem to get beyond about 2.5/3 miles. Hopefully I'll be able to soon as my half marathon training starts again a week Tuesday!!

dont know what to do once all my runs are over and done with, carry on the running but just do shorter 3 mile runs twice a week?

dont know what to do once all my runs are over and done with, carry on the running but just do shorter 3 mile runs twice a week?

enter more! lol...its what im presuming i'll do,enter a few spread throughout year to keep at it,also when possible do further afield ones so we see more places too,but that wont be able to be affoded for a good few years yet.

im pleased to say i also went for a run on friday and this time went a little further! 7k(4.35 miles)...treadmill in gym due to weather hence exactment! lol.

Is there a local running club to join? That will keep you motivated, running regularly and meeting new people.

I have a schedule for the whole year, it shows my races and the runs I need to do in between. I find if I don't have a plan then I lose motivation.
Racing is what keeps me going though.

Running club would be great for you Gina

enter more! lol...its what im presuming i'll do,enter a few spread throughout year to keep at it,also when possible do further afield ones so we see more places too,but that wont be able to be affoded for a good few years yet.

im pleased to say i also went for a run on friday and this time went a little further! 7k(4.35 miles)...treadmill in gym due to weather hence exactment! lol.

I have a schedule for the whole year, it shows my races and the runs I need to do in between. I find if I don't have a plan then I lose motivation.
Racing is what keeps me going though.

Running club would be great for you Gina

i cant enter so many this year as im saving for a holiday, but no harm in signing up for 5 max :)
last thing i want is to stop the runningm then sign up for an event and find it really hard, when before i could do the distance without a struggle.
running clubs cater for the slow paced plod along runners right? :p

I did the London 10k race today. My official time was 60.46, so only 46 secs off my target.
My main problem was the rain and my Garmin 405cx......they are not waterproof!!!! I only got a small amount of rain on it, but it screwed up completely!!! So I had to run very blind, could not monitor pace, distance or time. I did not realise how dependant I am on my watch. Anyway I almost hit my time and I'm sure if my watch was working I would have done. Will still enter another 10k so I can hit under 60 mins.
Anyone with a garmin please be aware they do not like water at all...!!!!

Well done Shazz :)

I'm wondering about doing a 10k two weeks today but for the last few weeks I've not gone further than about 2.5/3 miles and I've not been out at all the last week due to a really bad cold. Not sure if I'm going to be fit enough to do 6 miles in that time frame?

Claire - Might be bit of a struggle going to 10k in 2 weeks. When is your next race planned?

That's what I thought Shazz, especially as I'm no better today and probably won't be running until next week, thanks.

My next race is the Bristol Half at the end of September, I just fancied doing something in the meantime!

Our races are similar dates then, we can motivate each other to put the training in. Hope you feel better soon x

Back