Half marathon training

Hey thanks both,

Decided not to look into a new pair of trainers yet, there's nothing wrong with mine. Besides as its getting colder I need a new coat for work instead (and maybe a new pair of boots - Just in case it, umm snows??!) :D

That's a shame Coachnomad. Are you ok about it?
Could not imagine training for a marathon, I'm struggling to get motivated for a half marathon at the moment!! :)

I must admit I can't work out if I'm relieved or gutted!! I'm struggling with half training at the moment too.

I think I will start marathon training after my half at the end of November and see how I get on. If its going okay then I'll look around for an alternative, if it doesn't go well, I've not lost anything.

Sounds a good idea. When you have some motivation spare throw some my way!!
I really need to get myself back on track. Normally a race is good enough, but my next one is not until March.

You have to enter a ballot and the places are given out luck of the draw and I wasn't lucky.

:( my brothers been trying to enter that every year for 4 years now. no luck with it...

I know somebody who signed up through a charity, the minimal amount they had to raise was £1000!! Unfortunately they only raised £810, so the charity were going to take them to court over it. In the end my friend paid with their own money. Not good.

That's why I won't go through a charity place, I don't think I could raise that much, most of them are nearer £1500 now plus £75 to £100 for your place!!

hes doing the preston marathon (same day as my half marathon!) so at least he still gets to do one.

tbh id only go with a charity one like that if i had really rich friends and family who sponsered in £50's...

When I run for charity I pay for myself then go through a charity. That way there is no pressure to raise any money.

Well I managed my 2 miles tonight but oh dear my legs are sore tonight!

Hope it passes for my 30min run on sun, it's meant to be an easy run but all of them are hard to me!

havent ran for a week until now, did a 10k and 5k this morning! pleased with my time, overall the 15k took 1hr 55 mins.

gina_b said:
havent ran for a week until now, did a 10k and 5k this morning! pleased with my time, overall the 15k took 1hr 55 mins.

Wow you are amazing!

Read your running diary from earlier this year, you are an inspiration to me. X

Well done Gina! That's great after a break.

Managed my easy 25min run today, think I did just shy of 2 miles so pretty pleased with weel 1 so far!

Bring on Week 2 tomorrow I guess!!!

Managed the full 13.1 miles today in training, in 2 hours 9 minutes. I know training plans don't generally have you doing the full distance in half marathon training, but I think, psychologically, I needed to know I could definitely do it before race day.

Now, the slight issue is the killer hill at miles 10 -12 of the half marathon I am doing! That might be a spanner in the works :)

Back