Half marathon training

rachaeld82 said:
Managed the full 13.1 miles today in training, in 2 hours 9 minutes. I know training plans don't generally have you doing the full distance in half marathon training, but I think, psychologically, I needed to know I could definitely do it before race day.

Now, the slight issue is the killer hill at miles 10 -12 of the half marathon I am doing! That might be a spanner in the works :)

That's fantastic, well done!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Wow you are amazing!

Read your running diary from earlier this year, you are an inspiration to me. X

Well done Gina! That's great after a break.

thanks guys, im happy with the 10k in particular since i walked some of it too!
overall my aim was do both runs in 1hr 55 mins or less, thats been my practise time and i did it :D
the route wasnt the easiest thing, loads of hills in preston :/ whoever picked the route chose the most evil hill here to run up it, down it was bad too with it being so steep.
overall, very happy with the timing, and good practise!

its a month off my half marathon now

Hi Gang,

Well its Day 1 of Week 2 for me so that means a 2mile run tonight and after a 2 mile run yesterday I hope I can complete it!!!

Ok so I can't run 2 days in a row especially not long after eating tea. Naughty Alfie wouldn't settle and I was starving so couldn't wait anymore!

Anyway I only managed 1.3 but I'm not kicking myself, I got on the treadmill and did it so I must give myself some credit sometimes.

Hi all, I only posted on here a couple of times but thought I'd share with fellow runners who understand just how hard it is to get those 13.1 miles done!

I ran my first half marathon last Sunday morning, finishing in 1:57:07. Really chuffed, unfortunately I'm more laid up on a hospital bed after having my appendix removed..

Has anyone had to get back into running after a long break? Not sure how long I'll be on rest :cry:

Lucylu79 said:
Ok so I can't run 2 days in a row especially not long after eating tea. Naughty Alfie wouldn't settle and I was starving so couldn't wait anymore!

Anyway I only managed 1.3 but I'm not kicking myself, I got on the treadmill and did it so I must give myself some credit sometimes.

Definitely give yourself credit hun, exercise 2 days in a row is fab, don't worry too much on distance! You'll get there. I've ran too soon after food before and it's really hard!

Keep going :)

Clavicles said:
Hi all, I only posted on here a couple of times but thought I'd share with fellow runners who understand just how hard it is to get those 13.1 miles done!

I ran my first half marathon last Sunday morning, finishing in 1:57:07. Really chuffed, unfortunately I'm more laid up on a hospital bed after having my appendix removed..

Has anyone had to get back into running after a long break? Not sure how long I'll be on rest :cry:

1.57 is amazing!! I hope you have a speedy recovery, take it steady hun :)

Aw thanks,I was really pleased and getting ready to run another in a few Weeks.I don't think I will be now though! Lol

i cant run 2 days in a row, ive tried it. tried doing 9 miles one day, and 6 the next.... only managed 3 of those miles before i had to stop.

definatly there for a reason! loads of marathon programmes have you running 6 days a week and to me thats far too much in one week.... im happy with my 3 times per week runs!

Clavicles - Well done on your HM time - that's amazing. That's the kind of time I am aiming for in my HM in a few weeks, but I don't think its going to happen :)

Hope you get well soon - don't rush back too quickly, and give yourself plenty of time to recover.

under 2 hours is a great time, im aiming for 3 hours or less for mine :)
i know i can do 9 miles in just under 2 hours... so 3 is my aim.

Aw thanks,I was really pleased and getting ready to run another in a few Weeks.I don't think I will be now though! Lol

Ok so last night my LO wouldn't settle and then I had ear ache, I decided to read some of your diary....Little Lady I just wanna say you are amazing, I really want to read somemore tonight as I skipped from when you were walking to all of a sudden doing a 6 mile run.

I am so interested in peoples stories, I guess i'm hoping that one day I shall be somewhere the same - Being able to run!!!

Ok so last night my LO wouldn't settle and then I had ear ache, I decided to read some of your diary....Little Lady I just wanna say you are amazing, I really want to read somemore tonight as I skipped from when you were walking to all of a sudden doing a 6 mile run.

I am so interested in peoples stories, I guess i'm hoping that one day I shall be somewhere the same - Being able to run!!!

everyone starts from scratch, even the pro athletes had to start somewhere!

Ok so I'm back in the game, feeling much better after a successful 2 miler, no stopping and felt Like I could of gone on which is great as its my first 2.5 miler on fri!

That's great Lucy!

I went out for a run tonight and just worked out that it was just under 2.5miles in 18mins!! Quite shocked at that :)

I just hope I can keep improving each week, my best is 35 mins solid running and I think that was 5k so what 3.1 miles I think, this time next week ill be coming up to 3 miles and my silly heads telling me ill struggle already!

Back