Half marathon training

Just keep going hun, don't think about it too much. Some days I can run 5.5miles easily and then I struggle with 2miles. Listen to your body! I know it's frustrating, esp when you've done a certain distance before. When I hit a block, I change my route so I don't quite know far how I've run. Bit more interesting too, running can get boring. Keep meaning to sort an mp3 player or something but no spare cash right now. Stick to your plan if possible but don't beat yourself up about it. Any distance is an achievement and better than none!! x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Jenny809 said:
Just keep going hun, don't think about it too much. Some days I can run 5.5miles easily and then I struggle with 2miles. Listen to your body! I know it's frustrating, esp when you've done a certain distance before. When I hit a block, I change my route so I don't quite know far how I've run. Bit more interesting too, running can get boring. Keep meaning to sort an mp3 player or something but no spare cash right now. Stick to your plan if possible but don't beat yourself up about it. Any distance is an achievement and better than none!! x

Yup it's boring alright....on a treadmill!

Wow everyone is doing great!!! You're all putting me to shame!! I am still hovering around the 4-6 mile mark, really need to find my motivation again.

Hope your doing ok Clavicles. You'll soon be back into it again once your feeling better.
Fantastic time though, I would love to be under 2hrs, my PB so far is 2hr 11 mins.

Rachael - well done on your run :)

my halfs in 24 days! not long now....

my halfs in 24 days! not long now....

Yikes! They are approaching too quickly!

I'm having to take a few days off training as have got a massive blister on my toe following my long run, it hurts to walk never mind run :-( Hopefully it'll be ok in a day or too so I can get back to it.

Jenny - 2.5 miles in 18 minutes is great!

Last edited:
Just ran 6 miles in 59mins. Got a 10k coming up and really want to do it under an hour, so need to push on!

Anyone know why you can get a stitch when running? I got a couple of bad stitches this morning, one after I'd gone up a hill and then when I tried to increase my pace. It's not bad enough to stop, I just concentrate on my breathing and hold it so look like a pleb! Just wondered if it was something I was doing or why sometimes you get them???

:)

Jenny809 said:
Just ran 6 miles in 59mins. Got a 10k coming up and really want to do it under an hour, so need to push on!

Anyone know why you can get a stitch when running? I got a couple of bad stitches this morning, one after I'd gone up a hill and then when I tried to increase my pace. It's not bad enough to stop, I just concentrate on my breathing and hold it so look like a pleb! Just wondered if it was something I was doing or why sometimes you get them???

Wow wee that's amazing! Hope I can get there some day soon! Decided tomorrow will be my run not today as I had a rough night with the little chap and know ill suffer so tomorrow will be my attempt at 2.5, stupid really, as soon as I tell myself I'm not going running my diets gone out the window, goodbye running, hello vino!

Not that I'm much help as I only run a fraction of you but I find the same with stitch, I have to think more about my breathing.

X

Lucylu79 said:
Wow wee that's amazing! Hope I can get there some day soon! Decided tomorrow will be my run not today as I had a rough night with the little chap and know ill suffer so tomorrow will be my attempt at 2.5, stupid really, as soon as I tell myself I'm not going running my diets gone out the window, goodbye running, hello vino!

Not that I'm much help as I only run a fraction of you but I find the same with stitch, I have to think more about my breathing.

X

Thanks hun, it's taken a while to get here. Started running in Feb with literally a walk 2min run 2min plan. Worked for me, never thought I could run 6 miles tho! I still have really bad runs, all depends on where I am in my monthly cycle!

You'll get there, keep going. I know treadmills are harder, have you got a tv you can watch or radio, pass the time?

x

Jenny809 said:
Thanks hun, it's taken a while to get here. Started running in Feb with literally a walk 2min run 2min plan. Worked for me, never thought I could run 6 miles tho! I still have really bad runs, all depends on where I am in my monthly cycle!

You'll get there, keep going. I know treadmills are harder, have you got a tv you can watch or radio, pass the time?

x

Yes hubby's put a tv in the garage now but the picture has been awful but he fixed it yesterday and I've finally figured out sky on demand so I have lads to watch! Don't tend to listen though, I have my music just to keep me going!

Glad to read you started off like me, inspires me to keep going!

great timing! quickest ive done is 1hr 19 in a race! dont think im up to the 10 mins a mile timing yet, but i dont mind. i plod along and get over taken but i finish so im happy :) i run thats low that im thinking of eventually doing a marathon, dressed as a snail. in a few years that is, not now!

It is great timing isn't it!

Even though I have a stinker cold I've stuck to plan, 2.5 miles, no stops in just over 30 mins so pretty slow but I'm not bothered by times, I read slow and longer runs are better for slimming down calves!

Lucy, 2.5miles in just over 30mins is great. I ran a 5k in June and did it in 48mins so you are doing really well! I'd love my calf muscles to slim, I hate them! My thighs have really slimmed down running but still not happy with lower legs :-( think it's just me :-(

2.5 miles in 30 mins is great, your still going faster than those who are sat on the sofa!

running hasnt slimmed my calves down at all, if anything they seem to be bigger. same with my thighs, getting bigger.... but beofre my calved would wobble, but they dont now so its an improvement at least

My calves probably have slimmed a bit, just not as much as i'd like! Wish I took measurements now. I've never been able to get knee highs, never fit but I did try some on recently in next and they zipped up! So running can slim all of your legs, well jogging lol! :)

Oh we'll I tried them on this morning and I'd need to lose half an inch to get them up and an inch to feel comfortable so it's doubtful!

I've changed my training day to coincide with my new class so a well deserved break shall be had tonight, my coughs too bad anyway!

I've changed my training day to coincide with my new class so a well deserved break shall be had tonight, my coughs too bad anyway!

Hope you feel better soon :)

Everything seems to be more of a priority than running at the moment. So training has taken a huge back seat. However I am determined to change that. I will start back at a 5k and build back up to half marathon. First run will be 2moro morning.
I never thought I would lose my running motivation, it's something I love doing??

Back