Half marathon training

rachaeld82 said:
Hope you feel better soon :)

I wish I could say I do by now but I have a dry and thickly cough which has kept me and hubby up all night, that an Alfie waking for 4 bottles!!! This has to stop!

Shazzabir said:
Everything seems to be more of a priority than running at the moment. So training has taken a huge back seat. However I am determined to change that. I will start back at a 5k and build back up to half marathon. First run will be 2moro morning.
I never thought I would lose my running motivation, it's something I love doing??

I think we all sometimes feel this way don't we?

Good plan though, start off a little and work your way back up!

Lucylu79 said:
I wish I could say I do by now but I have a dry and thickly cough which has kept me and hubby up all night, that an Alfie waking for 4 bottles!!! This has to stop!

Not good, there seems to be a lot going round at the mo. Rest and dose up hun and don't get on that treadmill until you're better! Running whilst poorly is a nightmare, you won't do well and then feel terrible so best wait! I've done it many times!

How old is your little one? Night feeds are hard blimin work! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Jenny809 said:
Not good, there seems to be a lot going round at the mo. Rest and dose up hun and don't get on that treadmill until you're better! Running whilst poorly is a nightmare, you won't do well and then feel terrible so best wait! I've done it many times!

How old is your little one? Night feeds are hard blimin work! :)

I'm not going anywhere near the treadmill until I'm better, I'd rather have sometime off and go back a bit than get on it!

Alfie is 18 months old, hardly ever slept through. His average is twice a night wake for a bottle so I'm trying to add water and slowly get him off milk, I heard this could work?!

when should you start easing off the distance training for a half? my runs very soon, its 19 days off now.

Lucy: hope your feeling better. Wise to stay off the treadmill, they do tend to make you feel worse afterwards.

Gina: I always do my last big run 2 weeks before the race, then a 7 mile a week before and only 2-3 miles mid week. Then I have 3-4 days rest. How are you feeling?

I did 4 miles today and could have done more, but its my first run in a couple of weeks, so didn't want to push too much. Feel much better now :)

Wish I could report that I feel better, its a mega effort just to get to work these days, on top of Alfie waking EIGHT times last night, i'm absolutley whacked!!!

Missing running though, i've skipped 2 sessions and i'm worried about falling behind!

Is he teething hun? Poor you, I remember sleepless nights, is soooo horrid and then being sleep deprived, you pick every bug up possible! Is alfie a little lad, does he need the milk at night? Or is it just a comfort thing now to make him settle? Getting them to sleep through is hard work. Once mine were fully weaned, I didn't give milk at night. Have you tried increasing his food/milk in the day so he's fuller at night? I do feel for you, is really hard. Mine boys are 2 and nearly 4 so I understand your pain!

Take care hun! x

Jenny809 said:
Is he teething hun? Poor you, I remember sleepless nights, is soooo horrid and then being sleep deprived, you pick every bug up possible! Is alfie a little lad, does he need the milk at night? Or is it just a comfort thing now to make him settle? Getting them to sleep through is hard work. Once mine were fully weaned, I didn't give milk at night. Have you tried increasing his food/milk in the day so he's fuller at night? I do feel for you, is really hard. Mine boys are 2 and nearly 4 so I understand your pain!

Take care hun! x

He is teething but it takes so long to cut doesn't it! I don't think he needs the milk as such, I think it's more to get him back to sleep myself but then again he drank about 23 ounces last night! I'm going to try a method I've read today which is to try and give him more food before bed so perhaps a biscuit or something, I'll try anything!

Lucylu79 said:
He is teething but it takes so long to cut doesn't it! I don't think he needs the milk as such, I think it's more to get him back to sleep myself but then again he drank about 23 ounces last night! I'm going to try a method I've read today which is to try and give him more food before bed so perhaps a biscuit or something, I'll try anything!

Yes, try a snack before bed, even a bowl of weetabix or porridge. Do you try to settle him first or go straight for the milk? He's probably just got himself into a habit/routine. How do you feel about leaving him to cry? I know some parents are completely against it but I did it with both and only took 1 week to crack it. Tough love pays off, eventually! Altho, feeling poorly won't help! Does he have a soother, comforter? He'll get there hun x

when should you start easing off the distance training for a half? my runs very soon, its 19 days off now.

My run is a week on Sunday (21st October). I was planning on doing 7 miles this Sunday, then just a few 2 - 3 milers during the course of next week. My last run will be on the Thursday, so will have Friday and Saturday as total rest days before the HM.

Just taken my measurements and compared them to the first set I took 1st March, which is when I started running.

Lost 7 inches from waist, 9 inches from hips and 6.5 inches from boobs so that's 22.5 inches all over. I would say running has done that so any newbies to running, keep going, you will see the difference!!

I'm nearly all better!

Off for a doctors appointment after work today to discuss my heart and medication, I have an irregular hb and need medication to help ease the pressure of it sometimes, have no idea where it cam from, probably being pregnant.

So anyway i'm going to wait until sat to get 'back into it' and going to aim for a 30 minute minimum 'easy run', no pressure to run a certain amount of miles just see where it gets me just to get ready for next week's back on plan 100%!!!! Little gutted i'm 1 week behind but if I run a 10k by Xmas i'd be soooo happy so i'm still on track for that!

Just taken my measurements and compared them to the first set I took 1st March, which is when I started running.

Lost 7 inches from waist, 9 inches from hips and 6.5 inches from boobs so that's 22.5 inches all over. I would say running has done that so any newbies to running, keep going, you will see the difference!!

That's amazing - well done!

oh no....

just got my race pack via email, and its 2 weeks until the run. had butterflies just reading the email!

Back