Half marathon training

Where would you stash them tho?!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Haha, my running pants and tops all have pockets in them, so they'd have to be in there somewhere. Although then they'd get all sticky surely?!

You could put them in a sandwich bag in your pocket and make sure the bag is open at the start of your run.

I'm having trouble with my knee :-( I think it was the steep decline and incline yesterday. I shall change tomorrow's route and stay on the flat and hope it's okay.

Haha, my running pants and tops all have pockets in them, so they'd have to be in there somewhere. Although then they'd get all sticky surely?!

so do mine :) i just put my phone and house key in the pocket, rarely carry any food with me.

just done an exericse class but ad to do the low impact, kept feeling a sharp pain from the knee down and felt like something had popped behind my knee? only one one leg though. :(

You could put them in a sandwich bag in your pocket and make sure the bag is open at the start of your run.

I'm having trouble with my knee :-( I think it was the steep decline and incline yesterday. I shall change tomorrow's route and stay on the flat and hope it's okay.

Good idea - I'll give it a go.

Take it easy with your knee.

Coach: take it easy with your knee. Good for you doing inclines, must admit I avoid them and I know I shouldn't :)

I have an elastic band around my water bottle to hold my Jelly beans in a bag. I do also have pockets in my coat, but find it easier attached to my bottle.

I don't have much choice Shazz if I want to run along the promenade, steep hill down, steep hill back up - well worth it though.

Have postponed today's run to tomorrow as I didn't sleep very well, the extra day's rest will help my knee too.

Hi all!

Could do with your views on yet another query from me!

I'm meant to be running 3.5 miles tonight according to the schedule!!! I'm really worried already, I mean the most i've ever run is 5k so thats 3.1miles I think?

Do I just go for it and accept that I shall walk some of it or perhaps walk the 1st mile and hope to run the rest? I can do 2.5 miles on a good day ok!

Don't think about it, if you assume you can't do it then you won't! Just go for it and see how you go. If you've run 3 miles then another 1/2 would just be 10min max!! Go for it hun, you may surprise yourself :)

Your right, I am totally telling myself I CANT do it already, I think perhaps i'll put something on the tv and try to cover the treadmill screen and just go for it!

Good plan! Tricky when you're on a treadmill as the distance is in your focus the whole time. Positive thinking, go for it :)

I tend to cover up the screen on the treadmill as well. What I also tend to do is say to myself that after the 12th song that I've listened to I will remove the towel. Obviously depending on what distance your doing you change the amount of songs. Can't bear to look at the figures ticking away. They go so slow when your watching them.

Truly pissedoff.com

Had a **** day ending with hubby's car having an electrical fault and not able to turn off! I was meant to have that car next year but now he wants rid, I know it's for the best but I'm disappointed to be fair!

So I go to the garage all ready and the tv won't work properly! It's a signal being sent from the tv in the house and its never worked 100%, I know it's a cop out but I just couldn't face running watching nothing! Going to look on line and see if I can find a better set up!

Oh dear, what a nightmare. Don't worry about the run, sometimes life is more important and things get in the way!

Your right, I am totally telling myself I CANT do it already, I think perhaps i'll put something on the tv and try to cover the treadmill screen and just go for it!

never think you cant do it, you can do it! just plug in your earphones, listen to your fave music or a podcast and you'll be surprised at how much distance you do.
i managed to run 4 miles non stop with a friend, but didnt realise id done that much becuase i was more focused on chatting as we jogged

I tend to cover up the screen on the treadmill as well. What I also tend to do is say to myself that after the 12th song that I've listened to I will remove the towel. Obviously depending on what distance your doing you change the amount of songs. Can't bear to look at the figures ticking away. They go so slow when your watching them.

i used to do this when i did treadmill running, or switcth it so the screen dosent show the distance on it but a tv show i like

one week to go!
did a long run this morning, 2 hours.
my only runs this week will be monday and thursday, then its the big day on sunday! :D

not quite sure how many miles to do on mon/thurs but they wont be so long. maybe do 9 miles on monday and 7 on thursday?

I managed a 10 mile on Sunday and the just two 4 milers during this week, due to the weather being rubbish and other commitments. My run is tomorrow morning - I'm really scared now!

I don't know where to put my race number. I will be wearing a top with a long sleeve top over that, which I will probably take off after about two miles. Will I be ok to put my number on the underneath top, as that is the one you will see for most of the race. Don't want to put it on the top layer because when I take that off and tie it round my waist you won't see the number?! Obviously I am worrying about the little things now!

Back