Half marathon training

How about pinning in on your thigh? That way you don't have to worry about it!

Good luck! :))

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

How about pinning in on your thigh? That way you don't have to worry about it!

Good luck! :))

Good idea, thanks!

gina_b said:
one week to go!
did a long run this morning, 2 hours.
my only runs this week will be monday and thursday, then its the big day on sunday! :D

not quite sure how many miles to do on mon/thurs but they wont be so long. maybe do 9 miles on monday and 7 on thursday?

Good luck but I'm sure we shall speak before your run!

rachaeld82 said:
I managed a 10 mile on Sunday and the just two 4 milers during this week, due to the weather being rubbish and other commitments. My run is tomorrow morning - I'm really scared now!

I don't know where to put my race number. I will be wearing a top with a long sleeve top over that, which I will probably take off after about two miles. Will I be ok to put my number on the underneath top, as that is the one you will see for most of the race. Don't want to put it on the top layer because when I take that off and tie it round my waist you won't see the number?! Obviously I am worrying about the little things now!

Mahoosive good luck for tomoz! Xxxx

Mahoosive good luck for tomoz! Xxxx

Thank you! Off to bed now to hopefully get a good nights sleep before tomorrow. Will let you all know how it goes.....

Well done Lucy and good luck Rachel, looking forward to hearing about it.

Gina, my training schedule says to do 4 miles and 2 miles on the Tuesday and Thursday of the week of the race. You need to be tapering down so you're saving your energy for the day.

I'm doing 7 miles this morning, its been some time since I did that distance so trying not to worry about it.

Morning all, can't seem to see if I posted my run yesterday, sorry if I did!

Managed 2.5 but I'd call it an easyish run, tried to take it slow as I've got a strange pain in my right leg, at the back, lower than the calf but higher than the ankle. Had to do incline running to stretch it out. Anyway, I'm happy with 2.5, still on track, 2 to do next week before the next 3.5 which I'm already scared of!

Good luck Rachael..!! Enjoy it

Not long now Gina!

That's great Coach, your doing much better than I am :)

Well done Lucy and good luck Rachel, looking forward to hearing about it.

Gina, my training schedule says to do 4 miles and 2 miles on the Tuesday and Thursday of the week of the race. You need to be tapering down so you're saving your energy for the day.

I'm doing 7 miles this morning, its been some time since I did that distance so trying not to worry about it.

tbh i havent even been following a plan, ive just been doing my own plan for this, started out doing 6 mile runs at start of training and built up from there. so ill do maybe 4 miles tommorow, and 2 on thursday, means ill be able to go to a gym class thursday then, yay

i wont do, i still do classes and run before them.i miss classes too much to quit them

Well, I survived the run and the 4 hour drive home afterwards!

I did the run in 2 hours 5 minutes, which I am really pleased with. The massive hill that I had read about was not the mountain I expected, but a long steady incline for 1.5 miles. I was expecting a huge hill, so it was actually a pleasant surprise! I had the most amazing time, and would do it again tomorrow if I could (and my legs would let me :) Just signed up for the Leeds half marathon in May to give me something else to work towards.

Gina - lots of luck for Sunday, it is such a great experience, and feels like a wonderful achievement when you finish.

Brilliant Rachael...!! Great time. Really pleased you enjoyed it. Hope your not too sore today / 2moro :)

Shazzabir said:
Brilliant Rachael...!! Great time. Really pleased you enjoyed it. Hope your not too sore today / 2moro :)

Looking at my times of posting and then yours.....by any chance were you up with a little one too!?

Xx

Well done Rachael, that's fantastic!

Lucy, still no joy with little one sleeping more? :-(

Jenny809 said:
Well done Rachael, that's fantastic!

Lucy, still no joy with little one sleeping more? :-(

Actually he's doing real well, I was very good last week, only offering water and leaving him to fall asleep alone, he slept through sat night but then caught a cold sun so he woke sneezing and coughing last night!

Lucylu79 said:
Actually he's doing real well, I was very good last week, only offering water and leaving him to fall asleep alone, he slept through sat night but then caught a cold sun so he woke sneezing and coughing last night!

That's excellent, well not getting a cold! I hate it when kiddies are poorly, poor little things. Hope he continues to get better at night once he's well again :)

Thanks Jen, I'm still on track, 2 miles tonight but can't run weds as its weigh in! Might be going to a personal trainer on thurs so the rest will do me good probably!

Back