Half marathon training

thank you :)

Not in time for you to read but best of luck gina!

Still on track, good run today, not faster but constant, 3.5 miles non stop, it felt great! Only a few seconds slower than the first time but I stopped to power walk twice the first time so I'm happier to keep going!

I was disappointed talking to a friend who says her warm up pace is 5.2 mph, that's my good pace! Realised that of corse my short legs have a say in my pace, she's about 5.6 and I'm only 4.11!

done in 2hrs 54 mins, everything is hurting now, my back is agony.
overall, very happy with that! started feeling bad pain around 8 miles, got worse and worse felt like crying in pain by the end, so happy i did it! :D

running a hot bath now, and rest my acheing body.

also had the gels first time, such a boost!

gina_b said:
done in 2hrs 54 mins, everything is hurting now, my back is agony.
overall, very happy with that! started feeling bad pain around 8 miles, got worse and worse felt like crying in pain by the end, so happy i did it! :D

running a hot bath now, and rest my acheing body.

also had the gels first time, such a boost!

Congratulations!!!!
Reward yourself with lots of treats!

Well done Gina! Have a well deserved rest now!

i was going to reward myself with a cold bottle of cider but i think ill choose water instead! the box of toffee apple fingers will get devourered though.

really really happy! bring on feb.... 2nd half marathon.

my bro did his marathon in 4hrs 15 too!

gina_b said:
i was going to reward myself with a cold bottle of cider but i think ill choose water instead! the box of toffee apple fingers will get devourered though.

really really happy! bring on feb.... 2nd half marathon.

my bro did his marathon in 4hrs 15 too!

Cider later!

im suddenly very grateful i have tommorow off work now :p

my training dosent stop from here still, its not so far from the 10 miler so back to the running on thursday! then its my other half in feb, so no real rest for me :D

already wanting to sign up for a third half, think i have a serious running bug.

Well done to both you and your brother Gina! Try to keep moving so you don't sieze up too much. Tuesday will probably be the worst day muscle wise

i was going to go to a gym class tommorow, but do low impact, i find that after im acheing badly low impact does ease it a little!
tempting as it is to rest, id sooner keep moving.

well the ache seems to be moving, started as just my back but is now top of my legs aswell. surprisingly my feet dont hurt at all.... and my toes didnt bleed :S (my toes are a wonky shape, they bleed when i run)

didnt realise how good the gels are, they helped me so much, might have been the caffene tablets my bro gave me too.

i didnt ever see myself thinking this, but i want to keep up the running. i got such a buzz today and it felt great, so happy and energetic.

thanks jenny :)

Hope this isn't going to sound rude but are you runners still loosing weight by running? Perhaps your just toning up? Just wondering what all our diets are like?!
X

i seem to be toning up more

Well done Gina..!!!!! Yes the running bug can certainly take over.

Lucy: I found the weight stopped coming off when I seriously got into running. However my appetite grew a lot, so I ate more!!

Back