Halfway in sight - 12 weeks on the plan

Rod the Bass

The Outlaw Torn
Update

12 weeks last monday on the plan

40 lbs lost

average loss = 3.33lbs per week

I've had some up's and a couple of STS, but generally the losses are pretty steady.

I had one gain of 3lbs and I know why and that come off within three days and I lost a further 1lb that week - so even if you do need or want to be naughty, the first day is the hardest, then you can get straight back in the saddle.

Willpower is at it's lowest straight after being bad. Fight those negative thoughts!

I find it easiest to maintain willpower when I'm amongst it!

I have gone from doing no exercise to walking up to 20 miles per week now - and thats it. No gym, no impact work, tiny bit of swimming and a tiny bit of cross trainer, but I do prefer to walk, even in all weathers, rather than get on the cross trainer! Looking at the cross trainer actually motivates me to go out walking LOL

Oh I also traverse some pretty gnarly coast for sometimes 3-4 miles once a week and some of those hills and cliffs are real lungburners - so that obviously helps with a 15lb (ish) tackle bag on my back

Hope this post helps someone, maybe even inspires, it can be done and I am so close to the halfway mark I can see it arriving on saturday morning!!

Oh, I don't really follow any specific diet, my head tells me that this is the way for me forever now, so I have done three things which I think have had the most impact;

1) Alcohol - I've pretty much cut it out, I'm not teetotal but I've had approx 12 units in the last 12 weeks. alcohol not only has high calorie and low Gi, it lowers your willpower - ever woke up in bed with a kebab?? Yep, me too!! And worse, LOL!!

2) Portion size - my previously massive portions have been cut to the size approximately as recommended in Rosemary Conley plans

3) Saturated fat - rarely eat anything with more than 5% saturated fat

And another thing is to be honest - nearly everyone I know, knows I am at it - you will get so much encouragement from people if they see you are trying and making a success of it, people will compliment your effort, which as a man I find more flattering than comments about my size and shape, although they are nice too of course!

I wish all of you luck and thanks Minimins members for the encouragement

Now I want to get the other 3st off and feel I can do this - I am in control, I am the boss of me!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your weight loss so far, it sounds like you're doing brilliantly!

Update stats!

Time for a banana and black coffee!

weighed in today, 3 stone off!!

HALFWAY THERE, GAME ON!

Well done..is nice to hear from a guy aswell! Me and my OH are both following WW but his weight is coming off more slowly though it may well be due to less exercise then me and the alcohol though he is working on that!well done on the 3stone lost so far!

Well done..is nice to hear from a guy aswell! Me and my OH are both following WW but his weight is coming off more slowly though it may well be due to less exercise then me and the alcohol though he is working on that!well done on the 3stone lost so far!

hi, thanks, yep, we men do appear to be quite a rare breed on here!

I find the forum very helpful so I wanted to add my bit just to contribute

get your hubby off the sauce and it will drop off loads quicker - but it's hard, warn him!!

Rod the Bass said:
hi, thanks, yep, we men do appear to be quite a rare breed on here!

I find the forum very helpful so I wanted to add my bit just to contribute

get your hubby off the sauce and it will drop off loads quicker - but it's hard, warn him!!

Am glad you did add your bit on here! Thanks for the advice with the OH aswell :0)

Well done so far! I wish I could give up alcohol, but I never really touched it much anyway. I am going cold turkey without buttery marmite on toast though!

Well done you! You must be chuffed to bits

I've never woken up with a kebab - but did find half eaten one in the bottom of my handbag after a very messy night once. Those were the days.... Lol

Back