HAM

dendri

Im a bit confused , I have been reading that ham should be avoided. I am in cruise phase and have been eating lean ham most days! Is it allowed?

Dr Dukan states in the book that no pork is allowed, but then goes on to say that lean ham is ok. It's a bit confusing......

If you're still losing weight with the ham, then don't worry about it. You could also maybe try a week without the ham and see if you have a greater loss?

Good luck with the diet!!! It works!!! :D

I have still been losing weight and do enjoy ham and eggs! Maybe i will try to not have it every day and see how i go. Thanks Ceridwen

As Dr dukan has now said we can have pork tenderloin i think its apparent you can have ham as long as its low fat and has no added sugar. I have had continued weight loss and eat ham most days for breakfast with other cold meats

I too still eat ham, sometimes its just asda smart price which isn't as thin as the wafer stuff. Then other times I have the wafer thin. I still lose weight and as has been said, take each day as it comes andif you are still losing weight go for it.
Good luck hun x

The initial confusion, for you info, comes from the fact that the book is really a translation of the original French diet with a few additions. In the original version of the book, pork was not allowed in any shape or form. In France, there is a "fat free ham" (I use the word "ham" very lightly here) which is however allowed on the Dukan diet. It's not very nice and bears no resemblance to the highly flavoured, usually highly salted varieties available in the UK.

I'd advise caution. Fine while you're losing well, but as you near your target, if you struggle, switch to chicken and prepare it yourself!

Yes... there are quite a lot of confusing foods with ham being one of them that I've found. I love ham and eggs but have not eaten any ham since I started the Dukan plan. Which stores have you all been buying it from and pls can you supply the actual brand? I would love ham and eggs on a weekend. Many thanks, Saska

I regularly have Marks & Spencers lean ham as it is tinned and can be bought in bulk and stored, I don't have a lot of time for frequent shops and endless cooking, I have consistently lost 2lbs a week which I'm happy with.

I regularly have Marks & Spencers lean ham as it is tinned and can be bought in bulk and stored, I don't have a lot of time for frequent shops and endless cooking, I have consistently lost 2lbs a week which I'm happy with.

Tks I will check it out!

I buy asda smart price ham, its in the fridge/meat section. Green/white label. Usually 8 slices in thepack for about 60p. Its not perfect ham, but it suffices and i like it cooked in omelettes

I usually buy Sainsbury's be good to yourself or M&S extra lean ham. Thanks everyone for your comments, im glad im not the only one who was confused by this .

Put in the oven it crisps up nice or a snack x

I usually buy the diet version of the ham (and chicken) in supermarkets. These tend to be lower in fat and sugar and usually salt. I also eat Bresoala from Sainsburys but better value in Aldi. I am also now eating Quorn "meat" products. The chicken with stuffing flavour is nice.I have to say that I bought the Dukan book in mid July. It seems incredible there are still incorrect translations. The book i have says you can eat cooked ham as long as it doesn't have honey or breadcrumbs added.

.I have to say that I bought the Dukan book in mid July. It seems incredible there are still incorrect translations. The book i have says you can eat cooked ham as long as it doesn't have honey or breadcrumbs added.

I know, it's not really very reliable. Someone following the book without reading this website could easily gain (as I did!!) and get very despondent. Thank goodness for Minimins :grouphugg:

Have a good week Dukaneers. Saska x

thats, so true this forum is our life line Xcel

Last edited:
My book is in a drawer at work somewhere, i dont think ive ever taken much notice of it!

Back