Hamper on its way....

nerdygirl

Right. After seeing a TV ad, then reading all the reviews on here, I've decided to go for DC. I've ordered the 7 day hamper in case I don't like it, and it should come tomorrow, to start on Wednesday.

Just one question - it looks like the food in the hamper is just about 800 cals a day - so is there a list of stuff I'm allowed to top up to 1200 with? I know I'm allowed a portion of veg etc, but for example can I have a roll with my soup? Are there any guidelines about what you can and can't have on top of your hamper food?

Thanks girls. Sounds like you're all doing so well on this, hoping to be able to report some similar weight loss in a week or so!

NG

Hi, i go for a 1200 cal plan so yes can have a roll with soup.and i add a bucket full of veg, 2 pieces fruit, low cal jelly,10 cals a pot..yogurt..40g pasta or rice,DRY WEIGHT. or a sweet potato..its low GI.
Food focus site is useful to keep track of the cals you use, or myfittnesspal,
good luck and keep us posted love the food..itsy

Thanks Itsy. If I'm honest I'd rather not track anything - that's the main reason I'm trying DC, so I don't have to do points/calories etc. So I'll see how I get on.

Thanks for the clarification on dry weight for pasta :)

Hamper arrived tonight, have picked out my meals for tomorrow, need to remember to pack some cutlery for work!!

Thanks girls. I've not been hungry so far, and the food I had today has been lovely, but I was absolutely shattered around 2pm, almost fell asleep in a meeting..... I thought it might be because my blood sugar isn't used to it.

Is that normal, and will it get better once my body gets used to it? :)

Veggie Curry-yum-yum...:D
yip i suffered headaches,and just drank more water i do think it helps flush all the toxins..try eating some fruit if your blood sugar goes down...
and yes its just a few days..

Ok, so after a few days I think I've seen and tasted enough to go all in!

Ordering my 5 week hamper today, so far I've been impressed with the dinners, and most if the soups have been lovely. Not keen on the porridges but granola is nice. And to be honest, it's been great sticking stuff in the microwave when I get in from work late.

It's also going to work out cheaper than my normal shop when I think about it, as I usually grab breakfast at the work canteen, a sandwich from Eat or Pret (£3/4?) and then a ready meal from M&S (£4?). Steamed veggies on top doesn't add that much...

:) looking forward to my first weigh in on Wednesday...and losing a stone before Xmas.

Back