Hands up, be honest....

jaylou

Gold Member
.... who actually reads their books or subforums on here before posting?

There are so many posts on here asking whether things are free or HEX's or asking for recipes, I just wondered?

So much info is in your books or listed here in the sub forums.

I'm not nagging, just asking people to have a look around and do a search before posting :p

A lot of people do SW on their own though - without the books and classes! That said, all the info is on here if you search!

I read them, *polishing my halo* I read them a lot :D theres always bits I miss or spark an idea in my head for a recipe.

:innocent0002::innocent0002::innocent0002:

That's my point! Someone has taken the time to list all the syn free yoghurts, ready meals, all the free foods, lots of recipes......

I tried to do a search the other day and it came up with so many possibilities that it took me ages to find the information especially on the long threads. Also I think sometimes people need a quick response and that's why they don't bother searching if someone can answer more quickly :)

True but maybe some people don't bother or don't know! I'm just trying to prompt people to use their books (if they have them) and do a search.

I tend to exhaust all search options before I post my question. My consultant is pretty quick at emailing or texting back so I usually ask her first. I'm pretty lucky in that respect.
I can understand the need to have the question answered quickly, but I can also understand that it must be quite frustrating when it seems as though the same questions are being asked over and over.
I'm sure the majority of answers are in the books, after all, aren't we technically supposed to be following the plan with just the help of the books/consultants?

It is an internet forum thing! People just ask without looking as it is easy for them. And there is always someone that will answer. I used to spend a lot of time on another forum - and you would see the same questions over and over again from new members - even though the answers were written all over the place!

I don't have a problem with people asking the same questions, I can just miss that thread out, it's when people don't put what the title is about in the thread. You then open it and see that it's another repetetive one about a HE or something
:p

I rarely ask q's on here, I enjoy reading posts and searching for answers myself. However people asking q's doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I like to help when I can.

I haven't been on here long but I like to do my research before asking anything and even in the few short weeks I've been here I've suggested to people that they search first.
Even in such a short time I've seen the same question asked more than once.
I think some of us are just naturally that way - we like to try to find out things for ourselves and others like to be told - I suppose we all ahve different learning styles!

It's not that it bothers me, I just wondered who searched and used the sub forums.
I am aware that I can choose whether to answer a post or not and I'm sure post of you will agree that I am very helpful on here, all I want to do is alert people to the search function and the sub forums. That way, it saves multiple posts of the same thing!

I don't have a problem with people asking the same questions, I can just miss that thread out, it's when people don't put what the title is about in the thread. You then open it and see that it's another repetetive one about a HE or something
:p

If you hover your cursor over the title of a thread, you can see the first line or so of the first posting. That is sometimes enough to decide whether it is worth opening.

I tend to look on the SW website, search minimins, google, and then finally ask if I still can't find the answer!

I use the 'hover' feature a lot, as Avisk mentioned, I find that really useful.

Back