Hands up if you hate the current Weight Watchers advert

KD

Gone fishing
student3.gif

Ack. Anyone else feel the same?

I hate it too .... pass the sick bucket!

Oh, I havent seen it, cant get to see the TV for mini's!!!

Why is it soooo annoying?? Tell all!

It is so annoying because it is! Oh, I don't know, it's just the way they have this guy talking about how he has got ' the girl he married back' - puke puke. I mean honestly, has she got the man she married back? Do we all have to have guilt piled on us by bloody advertisers telloing us we are not good enough because we are not thin/smart/trim/well dressed/made up enough? I defy anyone to be 'the girl he married' after 4 kids(including a set of twins), 28 years of marriage and all the fun and frolics in between!

Gosh, do you think I am taking this ad too personally?

Yours worriedly

No - that's EXACTLY what ticked me off about it Barb. This idea that we somehow should lose weight simply to be 'someone' who fits a mould. He got 'the girl he married' back as if what she had become was somehow inferior.

Instead of heaping on the guilt about how we've 'failed' by gaining weight (I think it's called 'living'), what companies such as WW should be promoting is how losing weight and getting healthy moves you FORWARD into a new more fulfilling life instead of trying to recapture a time past.

I don't want to be 'the girl' my husband married ... she was sweet but insecure and had little confidence. I want to be the woman he married - more confident, wiser and complete with stretch marks!

I'm glad you all seem to hte it for the same reasons as me!! The whold ad implies that he didnt love her as she was....eh I thought losing weight was for ourselves, yet not once did this magical woman say anything about how good SHE feels!!

On the topic of WW, I got a thing thru the post from them (again!) to 'come back'...apparently you can by a season pass now so you dont have to pay weekly anymore..wat a cop out! I can see the reasoning behind it but I still wouldnt go!!

To be fair, wasn't there something about how she was depressed about her weight, and now she was slimmer she was happy...and that was what the husband was referring to.

Nevertheless, it isn't clear...and I still hate it:(

I've just seen it!

Well,most of it, anyway. I suppose he (the husband) means well, but I am not losing weight for anyone else except myself. My husband has supported and accepted me whatever my weight. He is supporting me doing LL too, even though it is expensive.

I wonder whether WW is capitalising on magnifying the lack of confidence women will feel anyway, and suggesting to them that they need to lose weight so everyone (husband, kids, friends) will be happy, and everything in the garden will be lovely again.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall during the 'brainstorming session' at the advertising agency!

Oh my word! I thought it was just me!!! :eek: Not only is the husband annoying (and an extremely patronising bar steward) ....he's not exactly blessed in any department really is he?? ..... but also the fact that you never actually get to see this "success story"!

Drives me round the flaming bend! :(

I tell you wat annoys me most about it??

The beautician, who says 'it takes half the time' and 'she eats healthily and still can have a cheeky chinese'....

And the neighbour who 'as a man' has noticed....cant pinpoint exactly WHY these annoy me but they do...as someone else said the whoe thing is patronising!!

It sounds awful! I searched on YouTube but couldn't find it. If anyone happens to see it online chuck a link on here, would ya?

What i'd like to see now is an advert for toupee's with a smiling wife saying ' at last, he is back to the man I married, now if I can get him a snoring cure, some slimming pills and a cure for his anti christmas attitude, we will live happily ever after!

What i'd like to see now is an advert for toupee's with a smiling wife saying ' at last, he is back to the man I married, now if I can get him a snoring cure, some slimming pills and a cure for his anti christmas attitude, we will live happily ever after!

LMAO!!!!

PMSL:D

Back