• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Handy ways to measure milk

biggysmalls

Too big to fail
S: 12st5.5lb C: 10st12.3lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 1st7.3lb(12.25%)
Hi everyone,
As time goes on I find I'm being more scrupulous about measuring stuff.....measuring out wine rather than guessing, checking syns of items, measuring cereal and so on. But I'm still struggling to find a way to measure my milk intake as I drink tea throughout the day and more often than not it's not in my own house. Anyone found a good way of keeping tabs?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
S: 13st13lb G: 9st9lb
Pour out a "dash" of what you usually add to your teas and measure, that way you know roughly the quantity everytime you have a hot drink and you can keep check on it. E.g. I measured my dashes and it came to about 30ml so everytime I have a tea or coffee I count it as 30ml and I know I can only have 8 of those to make an HEA (250ml semi skimmed milk)

paperclip

Silver Member
S: 11st7lb C: 10st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 1st7lb(13.04%)
I got a small bottle and marked it with pen at the level of my allowance for each day after measuring accurately with a measuring jug. Every morning I fill it up, and use it throughout the day - if there's anything left at the end of the day, I sometimes have a hot chocolate or just drink it straight!

I used to use a small measuring beaker type thing that came with my hand blender, every morning I measure 350ml of skimmed milk and use this for everything - brews and cereal etc. If I'm on red or green I do this again when it runs out but usually I'm on EE.
Then disaster struck and my beaker cracked, I've struggled ever since to find a small enough jug to pop in the fridge and now have to make do with a biggish jug.

S: 24st4lb C: 16st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 8st2lb(33.53%)
I use one of my grand daughters baby bottles that she no longer uses now she has moved on to big girls cups, handy measure on the side and a lid,

Laddiesboy

I ♥ Slimming World :)
S: 24st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 13st12lb BMI: 30.6 Loss: 7st0lb(29.17%)
I got a small bottle and marked it with pen at the level of my allowance for each day after measuring accurately with a measuring jug. Every morning I fill it up, and use it throughout the day - if there's anything left at the end of the day, I sometimes have a hot chocolate or just drink it straight!
IMO this is the best way to do it.

biggysmalls

Too big to fail
S: 12st5.5lb C: 10st12.3lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 1st7.3lb(12.25%)
thank you all very much. I felt a bit silly asking but since I started SW this is something I've been leaving very much to chance. Cheers for sharing your ideas. No more winging it!

S: 14st13lb C: 14st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 0st6lb(2.87%)
Thanks for this thread,not only have i got some good ways of measuring and storing my milk allowance,but its kind of good to know i'm not the only one who 'wings it' and just guesses-know i shouldnt

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
S: 11st8lb C: 11st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: 0st8lb(4.94%)
I too drink tea a lot in other people's homes as part of my job. On work days I reduce my syn allowance by 5 to accomodate this and at weekends I measure xx

As milk weighs almost the same as water - 1gm per ml - hubby always WEIGHS the milk for our cereal each morning! That uses a lot of our allowance, and just the remainder can go into a small bottle each to be used throughout the day, and we can carry it with us if we're going out, cos it's almost impossible to get SKIMMED milk anywhere!

I'm like you Roz, it's nigh on impossible to get skimmed milk. If they have it, it always seems to have 'non-milk fat' added to taste creamy. I HATE THE CREAMY TASTE !!!!! That's why I drink SKIMMED milk!! (sorry, bit of a mini-rant there!!!).

Non-SW OH usually gets a Boots meal deal when at work, with a bottle of orange juice. It just so happens to hold 330ml. If I'm going out, I usually take 200ml (in case of spillage, or it going off in the heat of summer, I know that at home is 150ml 'spare'). I carry it EVERYWHERE!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 1
Slimming World 3
Slim and Save - Off Topic 1
Administrators 0
Atkins Diet 0