Hannah's journey continues

Hannah, you are a legend doing the 30 days shred, hats off to you and anyone else who has or is doing it!

I read you comment before about wearing a sports bra, but they don't do them big enough for me 36 JJ,:sigh: so I tried with normal bra on tonight for the first time, ouch!

Will try again tomorrow, with 2 bras on, and go again!

Jx

Julz- Try Bravissimo for a proper fitted bras including sports bras - if you have a branch near you.

There are online sites like lessbounce that do sports bras for larger cup sizes too.

Lycra is a wonderful invention - I find with a sports bra and a stretchy lycra crop top type bra over the top - it takes the impact out of the jumping jacks etc.

Well done for starting the Shred - it is tough at first but after a few days the muscle aches wear off and you start to see and feel the results.

There is a whole Shred Thread on the exercise and fitness section of this forum too. With people doing all different diets and fitness levels etc.

Good luck - :):) xx

Want motivation to continue the diet & exercise??

Visit a cardiac rehabilitation ward!!

My best friend from school - morbidly obese, had a minor heart attack age 44!

Im still in shock and was equally stunned to see other "young people" on the ward.

Felt chocked and tearful entering the unit with all the bleeping machines and seriously ill people.

Keep going lovelies - you have a happy & healthy life ahead of you!!! Xx

Good point well made. Health can often seem a distant concern when faced with the temptation of food.

Hope your friend gets well soon x

Yeah, that kind of situation really brings it home to us doesn't it?
Looking good is only a part of it - a big part mind you!
Without our health the rest is all insignificant. :(

Hannah that comment about your friend made me think-wow! We don't really do we - well not before LL! Congrats on the shred-not too sure what it is but exercise i assume (sound completely blonde, am a natural blonde and really true to the name sometimes! lol)

Keep up the good work! :)

Hannah that comment about your friend made me think-wow! We don't really do we - well not before LL! Congrats on the shred-not too sure what it is but exercise i assume (sound completely blonde, am a natural blonde and really true to the name sometimes! lol)

Keep up the good work! :)

Yes the Shred is a workout DVD - \i'm hooked as it gives great results for only 20 mins per day. xx

Hello Lovelies!!

I've not been posting on here lately, but I have been popping in to read some diaries on my phone. Well done to all of you losing, reaching goals and starting RTM. :):)

I've been visiting my friend in hospital, who is now home and starting a cardiac rehabilitation program. I had to say it is a stark reminder of why we are doing this, and even more importantly why we should work to keep the weight off too!! There were more folk in their 30's and 40's on the cardiac unit than the older age ranges.

I've learnt something really important about myself during this time, as its the 2nd time this year I have become a regular hospital visitor. I rush into rescuer mode really quickly, and now have to make sure I don't become persecutor by offering loads of unwanted help and advice. My friend knows its largely lifestyle related, but seems very reluctant to make changes to become well and healthy. I'm having to step back a little and give her time to get over the shock of it.

I've not done much exercise or been concentrating on my eating too much, and feel its really important for me to re-focus or I may pick up a few unwanted pounds again.

So I re-set my goals yesterday - I'm doing the Shred again, back at level 1 with heavier weights and some more advanced moves thrown in.

From monday I'm going back to low carb eating as I have been too easily grabbing a roll or sandwich instead of having a proper meal. These habits are old ones - and need to be broken for good. Carbs are not my friend, they bloat me and I feel hungry a couple of hours after eating them.

So back to lite style eating with occasional packs - I think shakes for breakfast suit me and my lifestyle well.

Will catch up on your diaries properly soon - I have been enjoying the tennis - even if it is later online.

Kisses - xx

Last edited:
Great you hsve identified something about yourself Hannah, it is all too easy to be the one to sort everything for everyone, I am glad your friend is home , maybe when she is over the shock a bit she might talk to you?
Also good that you spotted the potential to go back to old eating habits, you crrtainly are making some good choices, onwards and onwards!
Jx

Last edited:
"There were more folk in their 30's and 40's on the cardiac unit than the older age ranges"

Thats really hit home, I'm 41 and my Dad had a stroke at 58 followed on by a heart attack and died 3 years ago. He had diabetes (but not overweight), just didnt look after himself and smoked like a chimney!

Reading a couple of the diaries today has really sorted out my head, I've been playing with the diet the past few weeks.

Back on track now!!!

Big hugs
xxx

Weightloss and fitness have a fantastic side effect!! ENERGY!!

Have done my DVD, cut the grass, cleaned the bathroom, walked scooby and now off to the gym for a session!!

Been flirting a bit too!! Starting to feel the ex is nearly behind me properly!!

Have great week everyone!! Kisses xx

Last edited:
Lovely news ! Well done that woman. Keep it up xx Good to hear from you x

Your just a super woman Hannah,good on ya hun!
Sexy xx

Hellooo Everyone!! - thought I'd pop in to see how you all are.

Great to see some "old" and new faces on here. :):) And some great losses going on too.

I shall probably go back onto Lite plan for a few weeks in September to drop a few pounds (4-5) and get back on track after lots of social occasions and a week in Devon. I can just feel it a bit in my clothes and dont want to continue to gain.

Well done to everyone staying on and getting back on to plan.

Kisses - xxx

Nice to hear from you Hun! Good luck for when you get back on lite xx

Hi Hannah, glad you're okay.
Not so much of the "old" !!!!!!

Good to hear from you doll xx

Lovely to here from you Hannah,good luck when you restart lite hun!
Sexy xx

Back