Hannah's keeping at it Food Diary

09/07/10

B: necterine

L: 2 x wholemeal bread, lettuce, cucumber, carved ham and 1 tbls extra light salad cream, wotsits (5 syns)

D: 2 1/2 syn free sausages, mixed pepper, Chinese cabbage and spring onion stir fry.

S: 1 pack walkers plain crisps (? Syns)

Oh dear

This weekend was a right off!!! But onwards and upwards :0)

L: sardine salad

D: chicken roast

S: lot of fruit and water to flush out the weekend :0(

Don't worry. Just draw a line under it and start afresh.
As long as you enjoyed it that's the main thing!
Maybe try and keep your syns a bit lower until WI to limit the damage?

Thanks Sarah, I have drawn that line. I don't officially have a weigh in so it sort of takes the pressure off me. Onwards and upwards :0)

B: Porridge (heb) and semi skimmed milk (hea) and an activia yog

L: jacket potato, salad and sardines in tom sauce, followed by lots of melon

T: Grilled vegetable panzerotti (filled pasta) 8 syns
tomato and chilli sauce 2.5 syns
will skip the garlic and herb dough balls :0)

Lots of fruit and water in between to 'get me going' TMI i know, sorry ;o)

Syns 10.5/105

Last edited:
Hi Hannah, you haven't updated your diary in a while, how have you been doing?
Food yesterday looks yummy - did you go out?x

That is actually my food for today Sarah, the pasta is from asda, hope it going to be yummy. i think i will be getting some veg to make a batch of roasted veg that i can add to my meals and make some pasta dishes up with, i love roasted veg Yummy! :eating:

Mmm it sounds really nice, hope it is yummy!

:rolleyes: didn't exactly skip the dough balls but only had two tiny ones and gave hubby the other 18!!!

I made the syn free pancake as my second pudding, first was a massive fruit salad. Stuffed now. Made a cous cous cake to keep my sweet tooth at bay through the week too, I'm all prepared :0)

27/07/10

Tuesday 27th July
EE

B: 28g oats
2 x activia yog
Splash of milk
Handful of grapes
(All mixed, yummy)

L: cous cous
Mixed roast veg
Chopped red onion
Tomato
Cucumber
Celery
Peppers
Vinegar
Tsp E V Olive oil 2 syns

D: Beef curry done in slow cooker
Lean beef
Onions
Mushrooms
Garlic
Curry powder
Chilli flakes
Tin of chopped toms
Beef stock (oxo)
Celery
All cooked for 8 hours and hopefully nice, served with batchelors sav rice

S: cous cous cake, syn free pancake, fruit

HEA: milk in hot drinks
HEB: 28g oats
Syns: oil 2 syns (thanks Sarah)

Last edited:
Let me know what the cous cous cake is like... I fancy trying that. I made the half syn roulade a couple of weeks ago - it's delish. And I LOVE the syn free pancakes.

Mmmm your beef curry sounds nice.
For the oil in your cous cous a tsp is 2syns x

Cous cous cake

I make cous cous cake all the time. I used plain cous cous, mixed spice, 2tbls sultana, a peeled chopped apple, 1 egg and sweetener, mix it all up and put it in the microwave for 5 mins. It's not like eating a yummy sponge cake but when you need something cake like to eat it hits the spot. It is 4 syns for the sultanas so half a syn per slice.

It sounded delish - I love curries in the slow cooker - the meat just falls apart! Might have to pinch your recipe me thinks!!

Well I've been back on track for 4 weeks an have lost 6lbs in that time, hoping to get my 1/2st award on Wednesday at weigh in. So today's food is:
EXTRA EASY:

B: 42g crunchy bran with skimmed milk

L: salad with chopped cold bacon and hard boiled egg with activia yog and cous cous muffin for pudding

D: beef stew, lean beef, onion, leeks, carrots and stock in slow cooker.
Skinny cow ice cream for pudding 5 syns

EE day

B: 4 ryvita with 2 poached eggs
S: grapes and strawberry muller yog
L: cheese leek and ham batch pasta & sauce
D: roast chicken, boiled potato, broccoli, carrot, fine beans, peas and gravey 3 syns
pudding was an invention of warm milk with vanilla and sweetner with couscous added and cooked till most of the milk was absorbed, it was scrummy :O)

i added the couscous to the simmering milk in the pan to cook it through, only took 5 mins, i made a bit extra and put it in the fridge for tomorrows breakfast.

Back