Hannata's diary - day 6

hannata

I can haz cake?
restart again, for the umpteenth time... yay....:sigh:

Day 1 is feeling a bit difficult already. No pre-keto migraine yet, but I feel it coming... fortunately I'm shockingly fast getting into ketosis, but it comes at a painful price of a night of expelling the contents of my stomach and feeling like literal death. Really looking forward to that part....lolnot

Stepped on the scales at 18'8 this morn. Been floating around at this weight for a while, I suppose maintaining it is okay, I know I can cope with maintenance... its just getting there!

I've got a friend at work who is also doing exante (as per my recommendations yay) so its great having the support. Shes been doing it for a while and looking and feeling fab, so thats always good.

Think I've got about a months/6 weeks worth of shakes and some soups so I'll see how I go from there. Ideally I'd like between 1 and 2 stone off in that space of time.

I've been drinking some tesco lemon squash, gonna keep doing it and see if I get into ketosis with it. Not had a full 100% TS day today (had 2 eggs, ham, a cup of coffee, and the lemon juice) but I'm confident that I should get into keto, fingers crossed!!!

going to weigh twice a week and being REALLY strict about it!!! Think that's what puts me off every time, i was weighing at least twice a day.... just gotta get something to do to occupy my time!

Hey Hannatta
Welcome back :) good luck with the restart hope it goes well and well done on the maintaining :)

Good luck with the restart hun..I'm back at day two after coming out of keto for my sons birthday, then TOTM hit and it was like hell trying to avoid that and getting back into it....I could've eaten my own arm lol!

Hoping to go 100% til Christmas now and loose just over 3 stone by then, here's hoping :)

thanks for the replies everyone ^^;

I was feeling pretty shabby yesterday, but a lot better today. Had a bit of a migraine but took pills. Been having SF squash (lemon) and seeing if I get into keto with it... it'll make my life a lot easier trying to drink it rather than just water. Have got the old keto breath so i think i've advanced more than my morning ketostix reading. Counted up my shakes and i've got enough for 7 weeks so gonna do exante until 11-11-11. xx

Week 1 of 7
day 1 - ketostix n/a : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - 2 x egg - ham
day 2 - ketostix trace : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - tiny piece of chicken

Week 1 of 7
day 1 - ketostix n/a : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - 2 x egg - ham - lemon squash - coffee
day 2 - ketostix trace : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - tiny piece of chicken - lemon squash - coffee
day 3 - ketostix moderate : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - lemon squash -

In keto, yay. So having a bit of squash hasn't stopped me. Helps me get my water intake a lot lot easier!!

hannata said:
Week 1 of 7
day 1 - ketostix n/a : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - 2 x egg - ham - lemon squash - coffee
day 2 - ketostix trace : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - tiny piece of chicken - lemon squash - coffee
day 3 - ketostix moderate : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - lemon squash -

In keto, yay. So having a bit of squash hasn't stopped me. Helps me get my water intake a lot lot easier!!

Great :) glad you can have the squash :) hope it makes it easier for you x

hit the gym with instructor today, by ****ing holy hell. My body hurts. I'm exhausted. My lungs are full of that lactic acid crap... urgh.

came home and nabbed a wee teaspoon full of the gravy/meat in my mums pie :p

Week 1 of 7
day 3 - ketostix moderate : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - lemon squash - coffee - spoonful of pie filling - glass of pepsi max - 409 calories burned at gym

Glad you've made into keto with the squash. Do you count the water you have in your shakes towards your total or do you have how ever many litres on top of that?

Yeah I count my water intake from my shakes. I like my shakes quite watery... could have 500ml with half a shake, so thats already 2 litres. I usually try and get 2litres of extra liquid too. You count everything, coke zero, tea etc.

I also have lots extra if I'm going to the gym too!

Last time I did exante I had no squash at all and really struggled with the extra intake.... don't think I was getting nearly enough water and it showed with my losses. xx

Week 1 of 7
weight start: 18 st 8
day 3 - ketostix moderate : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - lemon squash - coffee - spoonful of pie filling - glass of pepsi max - 409 calories burned at gym
day 4 - ketostix moderate : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - lemon squash
mid week weigh in: 18 st 0.5 - 7.5lbs off! :)

Went out bowling tonight and had a wee treat. Some chips and a burger (no bap). Ketostix showing moderate stilll... so I *think* i'm still in keto. Unless theres some kind of delay... but I think its an immediate chemical process. I must be one of the people who is very tolerant to carbs.. I mean an average tater has 50g of carbs! It was hard to throw away the burger bap but i did it! :D best achievement ever.

I'm not sure how reliable KS are but I'm pretty sure you don't get false positives (although I know you can get false negatives) and even in that I still feel like I'm in keto... you know that "feeling"

I'm not even going to go NEAR the scales tomorrow because I know seeing that I've probably got a pound+ on from yesterday will just annoy me. And I've promised myself two wi's a week and ONLY 2. As long as I'm in keto I'm feeling okay and know I can cope :)

Week 1 of 7
weight start: 18 st 8
day 1 - am ketostix n/a : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - 2 x egg - ham - lemon squash - coffee
day 2 - am ketostix trace : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - tiny piece of chicken - lemon squash - coffee
day 3 - am ketostix moderate : 2 x shakes - 1 x bar - lemon squash - coffee - spoonful of pie filling - glass of pepsi max - 409 calories burned at gym
mid week weigh in: 18 st 0.5 - 7.5lbs off!
day 4 - am ketostix moderate : shake - soup - 1 x bar - lemon squash - glass of pepsi max - pint of diet coke - chips - burger + cheese (no bap)
pm ketostix moderate

Week 1 of 7 - weight: 18 st 8

Day 1 - am ketostix n/a

2 x shakes - 1 x bar - 2 x egg - ham - lemon squash - coffee

Day 2 - am ketostix trace
2 x shakes - 1 x bar - tiny piece of chicken - lemon squash - coffee

Day 3 - am ketostix moderate
2 x shakes - 1 x bar - lemon squash - coffee - spoonful of pie filling - glass of pepsi max - 409 calories burned at gym

Day 4 - am ketostix moderate

shake - soup - 1 x bar - lemon squash - glass of pepsi max - pint of diet coke - chips - burger + cheese (no bap)
pm ketostix moderate

Day 5 - am ketostix small
2 x shake - 1 x bar - lemon squash

ketostix reading lower this morning, but still in keto! Got me lots of water and will stay on plan for the rest of the week.

Feeling good, enjoyed my treat and because im in keto i'm happy enough to put it to bed and get on with today... will hopefully do today TS.

Had an exante soup last night and didnt really enjoy it... think one whole packet in one go is too much for me.. x

Water intake is my real problem, I do struggle to drink the plain stuff. I have 900mls or more in my shakes and I have 2 a day, plus cups of tea and the odd cup of coffee, I'd like to drink more of the real stuff though..I might give this squash a go.

I'm not sure about the keto sticks,I was going to get some but I wondered how I would react if I wasn't showing being in keto, I react at the silliest of things lol!

You're doing so well though!! :)

i put 500ml in each half shake (i like em watery :p) and i drink a couple of bottles of water.. the bottle i have is 750ml. Then maybe a drink of coke zero or couple of cups of tea, sometimes both.

I can tolerate water ok but it really is that - tolerating. (and its a miserable existence tolerating something for a long time) I'm good at drinking sf squash because I was brought up on it! I've even managed to have some diet coke (with citric acid :O lol) and stayed in keto... i'm not reading very high levels of keytones but im stayin in at the moderate level.. But then I suppose its different for everyone.

Actually me and my colleague were talking about this this morning. I told her she could test for keytones and conveniently she had ketostix... (i do work in an emergency doctor on call building haha) and she tested negative! White as a sheet! But shes been doing nothing but shakes and water, and she said she had (non breaded) ham last night. I've been researching it and apparently not everyone produces keytones, depending on how good their body is at metabolising fat.. yet they can still be in keto and burning fat!! weird!

Last edited:
I had a bad night last night, only had half of my soup... got some nuts, and ate about 3 handfuls (which is a lot when you look at the calories!) and I had 2 eggs and cheese. bergh

I know I can do it okay with shakes... just not a huge fan of soups... >_>

Ketostix read large today :O although I'm not too sure why as i had a bit of a binge of pepsi max lol..

had a naughty weigh in to comfort myself... welll..... now i'm in the 17s!!! flip me.. didnt expect that. So I'm gonna be REALLY good today for tomorrows official weigh in, see if I can keep it there.

Day 1 - am ketostix n/a

2 x shakes - 1 x bar - lemon squash - coffee - spoonful of pie filling - glass of pepsi max - 409 calories burned at gym

shake - soup - 1 x bar - lemon squash - glass of pepsi max - pint of diet coke - chips - burger + cheese (no bap)
pm ketostix moderate

1 x shake 1/2 x soup - 1 x bar - lemon squash - bouillon - nuts - 2 x egg - cheese - lots of pepsi max
pm ketostix small

Sneaky weigh in 17 st 12.75 - total 9.25lbs

Day 6 - am ketostix - large
2 x choc shake - choc bar - lemon squash

hmm im really starting to get downers in the evening on this diet. trying to keep myself occupied but its not really working. Was in such a good mood this morning too!

I have drunk an unbelievable amount of water today... must be getting on 4 litres... heres hoping i've shifted something overnight.

Day 1 - am ketostix n/a

pm ketostix moderate

1 x shake 1/2 x soup - 1 x bar - lemon squash - bouillon - nuts - 2 x egg - cheese - lots of pepsi max
pm ketostix small

Sneaky weigh in 17 st 12.75 - total 9.25lbs

Day 6 - am ketostix - large
2 x choc shake - choc bar - lemon squash - too many nuts - tonnes of water

Am nearly finished the first week, woohoo. xx

Back