Hann's IF Diary - 7 months and counting :)

Hi gorge! Just to say, i am sooo loving not counting cals today, winner! Def will have gone over 2000 by end of day but havent felt bingey!!

Just wondering now, if i wanted to switch to ur magic way as of tomoz, what would u suggest? Would u say i should stay Up til 5pm ish tomoz and then DD from then till 5pm next day? Also would that include eve meal tomorrow or would that be a no? Sorry to be a thicko but what im thinking is i normally have dinner between 6.30-8pm depending on work/training etc so before 5pm would be too early for an eve meal for me. I think ive just confused myself (and u!) even more!! Xx

Caroline_Louise said:
Hi gorge! Just to say, i am sooo loving not counting cals today, winner! Def will have gone over 2000 by end of day but havent felt bingey!!

Just wondering now, if i wanted to switch to ur magic way as of tomoz, what would u suggest? Would u say i should stay Up til 5pm ish tomoz and then DD from then till 5pm next day? Also would that include eve meal tomorrow or would that be a no? Sorry to be a thicko but what im thinking is i normally have dinner between 6.30-8pm depending on work/training etc so before 5pm would be too early for an eve meal for me. I think ive just confused myself (and u!) even more!! Xx

Sunday after 5 is a down day for me yeah. I don't have dinner on Sunday night. If you follow the 500 cals you could have a 300 cal dinner and then 200 for Monday breakfast/lunch?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

hannata said:
Sunday after 5 is a down day for me yeah. I don't have dinner on Sunday night. If you follow the 500 cals you could have a 300 cal dinner and then 200 for Monday breakfast/lunch?

Tbh i prefer eating nowt on my downs so will do same as u and halt all eating from 5pm sun til 5pm mon. Mums gonna do it too. Yeah baby, judddering han styleeeee innit ;-)
Thanks m'dear xx

I'm thinking of trying Han's way of JUDDDD ing this week :) Tried everything else and I'm giving JUDDDD one last week before moving over to CD (due to social commitments and having to be a recluse on CD!) I'm hoping it works this way so I never have to go back over to the dark side!! Even a pound loss would convince me to stay!

So gonna do UUD today, then DDU tomorrow, UUD Tuesday, DDU, Wednesday etc - is that right Han?

yoga84 said:
I'm thinking of trying Han's way of JUDDDD ing this week :) Tried everything else and I'm giving JUDDDD one last week before moving over to CD (due to social commitments and having to be a recluse on CD!) I'm hoping it works this way so I never have to go back over to the dark side!! Even a pound loss would convince me to stay!

So gonna do UUD today, then DDU tomorrow, UUD Tuesday, DDU, Wednesday etc - is that right Han?

Exactamundoooooo x

hannata said:
In other news my size 22 jeans are starting to get really comfortable, even, dare I say it, loose?! :0

Good job!!

I'm dithering between doing 2 double dd's or your 5/6-5/6 fast. Tbh think I'm edging your way!

16 lost : 51 to goal

Woo pizza diet.

I'm very happy cause I had been plugging on with juddd for this entire month and having really **** **** results.. And now it all seems to be falling off. Haven't changed anything from then and now, so I must have been retaining fluid or something :)

22/09 - SATURDAY - UUU
B - Ricicles + s.s milk
L - 2 x toast, real butter, piece of bernard matthews chicken (sage and onion flavour nom nom)
afternoon - 1 x toast, butter
D - pizza
(will probably have a few cold remedy sachets throughout the day)
2x galaxy chocolate bars

23/09 - SUNDAY - UUD

B - pizza leftovers and a drop of mayo
L - two baps with chicken
Galaxy caramel ice cream bar at about 11
A whole 135g bar of galaxy caramel nom nom nom :) (at 2.30pm)

5pm - midnight - fast #1

24/09 - MONDAY - DDU

midnight - 5pm - fast #1
D -

hannata said:
Woo pizza diet.

I'm very happy cause I had been plugging on with juddd for this entire month and having really **** **** results.. And now it all seems to be falling off. Haven't changed anything from then and now, so I must have been retaining fluid or something :)

Hi Han

Just read your diary from front to back and just wanted to say well done!

The change in you has been fantastic, both in the diet and the way you're feeling about everything. You can feel it as the posts go on in your diary.

I take a low dose of ad's too, and beta blockers for anxiety. I'm a thinker, and sometimes I just think way too much about too many things and it all becomes a bit too much to handle. It's a horrible feeling to have and it's so hard to 'snap out' of it.

Not sure if this would be of use to you http://www.getsomeheadspace.com/ (They do a free iPhone app too) it's 10 min meditation sessions, you do it once a day - the first 10 days are free. I used to do it just before I went to sleep, it really is worth the 10 mins and helps to clear your head and relax your mind

Just a thought....

Either way, just keep on doing what you're doing. You're an inspiration :) x

Well done Hann on your inspirational diary & your success. I admire the way you have played around with the JUDD concept so that it suits you and your lifestyle. I do think that like all other diets it has to become a lifestyle and not a 'band aid' type diet that a few I have seen on these boards expect it to be. Respect to you that you have stuck with it and now deservedly can reap the rewards!!

Hi Han

Just read your diary from front to back and just wanted to say well done!

The change in you has been fantastic, both in the diet and the way you're feeling about everything. You can feel it as the posts go on in your diary.

I take a low dose of ad's too, and beta blockers for anxiety. I'm a thinker, and sometimes I just think way too much about too many things and it all becomes a bit too much to handle. It's a horrible feeling to have and it's so hard to 'snap out' of it.

Not sure if this would be of use to you Meditation | Mindfulness | Guided Meditation | Stress Management | Andy Puddicombe | Headspace (They do a free iPhone app too) it's 10 min meditation sessions, you do it once a day - the first 10 days are free. I used to do it just before I went to sleep, it really is worth the 10 mins and helps to clear your head and relax your mind

Just a thought....

Either way, just keep on doing what you're doing. You're an inspiration :) x

Yeah I'm the same... constantly thinking, obsessing, etc. I will download the iphone app, that sounds very handy, thank you. I was gradually feeling worse and worse (juddd being about the only positive thing in my life for a good few weeks) and the anti depressives have made *such* a change. I was dubious as to if they would work, I started them and they did squat all for 3/4 weeks. The doctor said this was to be expected. Was on the highest dose for, maybe just short of a week, and one day I just woke up feeling awesome and haven't felt bad since. Even with a ripper of a cold :p

Well done Hann on your inspirational diary & your success. I admire the way you have played around with the JUDD concept so that it suits you and your lifestyle. I do think that like all other diets it has to become a lifestyle and not a 'band aid' type diet that a few I have seen on these boards expect it to be. Respect to you that you have stuck with it and now deservedly can reap the rewards!!

Yeah I felt that way about most diets and the only thing keeping me to any of them was going to the meetings and weighing in public. I could never stick to a diet on my own for longer than 2 weeks. And I didn't want to be tied to paying £5 odd every week to live on a restricted diet, & to be weighed in public, for the rest of my life!!

So being on the 10th week of juddd just amazes me. I really can't believe it. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that this diet has pretty much saved my life. I have no interest in stopping and I can actually see the goal, whereas on any other diet I just hoped I could do it.

hannata said:
Yeah I'm the same... constantly thinking, obsessing, etc. I will download the iphone app, that sounds very handy, thank you. I was gradually feeling worse and worse (juddd being about the only positive thing in my life for a good few weeks) and the anti depressives have made *such* a change. I was dubious as to if they would work, I started them and they did squat all for 3/4 weeks. The doctor said this was to be expected. Was on the highest dose for, maybe just short of a week, and one day I just woke up feeling awesome and haven't felt bad since. Even with a ripper of a cold :p

My anti d's made me feel twice as worse when I first started taking them - so much so, I kept going back to doc to say they were crap. I didn't get out of bed for 3 days. But like you after a couple of weeks each day felt a little brighter, then one morning I felt like me again.

I dont want to appear to nag, but whatever you do don't just stop taking them, even if you feel like you could take on the world. I did that, and I promise you, the bump back down to feeling crap again is no fun and incredibly quick.

Yeah try the app - I really liked it, never really been into that sort of thing, but the breathing except isles really helped to control my nerves, I also slept very well too. I also use a website called no more panic - they have a forum, which I don't use cos of the lovely minis. But they have loads of interesting info on all kinds of anxiety, depression stuff. It explains what causes certain symptoms, and just knowing what it is is half the problem, lots of self help and breathing exercises on their too.

Keep up the good work with the diet - I'm going to make a start, we've had a power cut so dinner is running well late. Was going to do 5-5, however I've been thinking. I may do midday to midday, starting dd at lunch tomorrow

Xx

Back